Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I’d like to change the “Read more” text for each article listed on the frontpage through JA Newslight. I know there’s a way of accomplishing this by changing the _READ_MORE variable in mod_janewslight.php.

However, what I need is to include a different read more text for each article to make my links more SEO juicy. I attempted to use the alternative read more field in the advanced parameters that come in-built for each article. With JA Erica, this functionality won’t work, but I tested with other templates like Purity and it works fine.

Does anyone know how to make the alternative read more text work in JA Erica?

Your comments and ideas are much appreciated. 😀

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

Open modulesmod_janewslighttmpldefault.php to change to your idea.

jcch Friend

Hi there!

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did what you suggest. However, what I need is to use a different read more text for each article. There’s a functionality to include an alternative Read more text, but it doesn’t work with JA Erica. Would you have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks.

jcch Friend

Hello! Anyone has a clue on how to do this?

Thanks

pitrolo Friend

<em>@JA Developer 129685 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

Open modulesmod_janewslighttmpldefault.php to change to your idea.</blockquote>

Theres no changeable text … :((

ignatiusack Friend

Hi Has anyone found an answer to this Alternative “Read More” text not working. It is clearly an problem with the joomlart templates, and as much as I love the look of the templates I will have to claim my money back, and move on, if these guys does not find a solution for us. This function is working on my site http://www.southerncircle.com, but that template is just not fast enough and thats why I ended up here. Every SEO manual tells you to change the “Read More” text to contain your keywords. This is a final attempt for the joomlart guys to give us a solution for this.

If you found the solution for this please share it with us

Thank You!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ignatiusack 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum