Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Can I edit the layout of the copyright? Making a little less visible?

hanifahmed Friend

I think so long as it’s there and viewable to the general public, it shouldn’t be a problem.

How do you want it changed?

instantinlaw Friend

Without knowing what template you are using I can’t be sure what class controls your copyright info, but try looking for #ja-footer small.
    Good luck

mfcphil Friend

For another way of looking at it…

…I edit mine by going into the footer. php file cutting the code (just the part with the required text) and pasting it into an editor (frontpage) doing what needs to be done and then pasting the code back into the same place.

cgc0202 Friend

you can even make it invisible. Technically, you have not removed it.:)

The other alternative is to become a “Developer”. Right now, it is at $350 per year. Developer members not only can remove the Copyright in the footer but from what I read elsewhere, you can remove them whereever Joomlart has placed copyright notices, in the files.

And, if you do not like it at all, to my knowledge, I think it is only Joomlart (among the three Joomla template companies that matter to me right now, RocketTheme and GavickPRO being the other two) has this rather unreasonable “Copyright Restriction”.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mfcphil 124639 wrote:</em><blockquote>For another way of looking at it…

…I edit mine by going into the footer. php file cutting the code (just the part with the required text) and pasting it into an editor (frontpage) doing what needs to be done and then pasting the code back into the same place.</blockquote>

mfcphil,

There is an even better way. With some basic knowledge of scripting and CSS:

1. First, just unpublish the footer module via the backend.
    2. Then, hack the bottom of the index.php in the ja_teline_ii directory (in the templates) a bit.
    3. Finally, just hardwire whatever you want to place there.

Why go to all the aforementioned trouble? Try to follow the various steps needed — you will be amazed how many steps, nested directories and files — to get this single statement:

Copyright © 2009 Joomla Optimization 100. All Rights Reserved. Designed by JoomlArt.com

published. While the complexity discourages novice users from trying to remove the copyright, the convoluted way it was accomplished slows the site upload (very critical in countries with slow connections).

It is not exactly “kosher” but the header is basically scripted that way, without resorting much to position modules. So, why not do the same with the footer?

Cornelio

SP Media Friend

The footer is actually stored in a file within the template folder itself, they’re usually in:

templates/ja_xxxx/html/mod_footer/default.php

With the following code inside:

[php]<?php // no direct access
    /*————————————————————————
    # JA Pyrite for Joomla 1.5 – Version 1.0 – Licence Owner JAXXXXXX
    # ————————————————————————
    # Copyright (C) 2004-2008 J.O.O.M Solutions Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
    # @license – Copyrighted Commercial Software
    # Author: J.O.O.M Solutions Co., Ltd
    # Websites: http://www.joomlart.comhttp://www.joomlancers.com
    # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part.
    ————————————————————————-*/
    defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die(‘Restricted access’); ?>
    <small><?php echo $lineone; ?> Designed by
    <a href=”http://www.joomlart.com/” title=”Visit Joomlart.com!” target=”blank”>JoomlArt.com</a>.</small>
    <!–<small><?php echo JText::_( ‘FOOTER_LINE2’ ); ?></small> –>[/php]

That just needs modifying.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@spmedia 124865 wrote:</em><blockquote>The footer is actually stored in a file within the template folder itself, they’re usually in:

templates/ja_xxxx/html/mod_footer/default.php

With the following code inside:

[php]<?php // no direct access
    /*————————————————————————
    # JA Pyrite for Joomla 1.5 – Version 1.0 – Licence Owner JAXXXXXX
    # ————————————————————————
    # Copyright (C) 2004-2008 J.O.O.M Solutions Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
    # @license – Copyrighted Commercial Software
    # Author: J.O.O.M Solutions Co., Ltd
    # Websites: http://www.joomlart.comhttp://www.joomlancers.com
    # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part.
    ————————————————————————-*/
    defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die(‘Restricted access’); ?>
    <small><?php echo $lineone; ?> Designed by
    <a href=”http://www.joomlart.com/” title=”Visit Joomlart.com!” target=”blank”>JoomlArt.com</a>.</small>
    <!–<small><?php echo JText::_( ‘FOOTER_LINE2’ ); ?></small> –>[/php]

That just needs modifying.</blockquote>

Hi spmedia,

Actually, to print that simple line, e.g.,:

Copyright © 2009 Joomlart : JA Opal v1.0. All Rights Reserved. Designed by JoomlArt.com.

in a Joomla 1.5.x-Joomlart template is slightly more complex than it appears.

Try disabling the default.php (i.e., rename it for example as default-x.php) so that the script calling it will not recognize it. Empty your cache, and check if the footer will disappear.

If the copyright line does not disappear, then the whole copyright line must be defined elsewhere.

Even if it is partially defined where you stated it was, note that what is in the location you stated defines the footer only contains the latter part

Designed by JoomlArt.com.

The template still needs this:

[PHP]
    <?php echo $lineone; ?>
    [/PHP]
    it contains the information for the first part of the line:

Copyright © 2009 Joomlart : JA Opal v1.0. All Rights Reserved.

to complete the simple line:

Copyright © 2009 Joomlart : JA Opal v1.0. All Rights Reserved. Designed by JoomlArt.com.

I encourage you to follow the trail to find the components of that simple line. You will appreciate how convoluted Joomla 1.5.x.

I am not sure if you ever used Joomla 1.0.x, but the footer is essentially a static content. There was no need to create a module for it.

It does not take rocket science to realize that the more modules you have, the slower the site becomes. In fact, that was what happened to Joomla 1.5.x which is much much slower than Joomla 1.0.x

Cornelio

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum