Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I am trying to add alt text to my header images for seo reasons, and don’t seem to be able to get it right. Can anyone tell me exactly how/where to insert the code?

tia
    Codger

histeriks Friend

codger;168891Hi All,

I am trying to add alt text to my header images for seo reasons, and don’t seem to be able to get it right. Can anyone tell me exactly how/where to insert the code?

tia
    Codger

Hi codger, i am not sure if i understand correctly, do you want to put alt on images in the header of your template, or on images in your content?

codger Friend

I am referring to the header images which are in the template. A generic alt text which would be attached to all the header images would be OK, but I thought that it might also be possible to have individual texts for each image – up to 10 (x2) images, say.

codger Friend

Suggestions, anyone?

histeriks Friend

Unfortunately, you cannot place an alt tag on background images defined in css. It is a well known “issue”.

My personal opinion (if you care for one) is that you shouldn’t worry about that much. It’s true that one should put an alt tag on images, but in terms of SEO, it’s the website content that really maters the most. If you have a unique, good quality content, alt tag on your template’s images is the last thing you should worry about.

Good luck 🙂

codger Friend

Thank you for your help histeriks. I should have known that.

I will now move on to the next issue.:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  codger 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum