Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I installed the component JTAG Calendar that is supposed to load files containing the string “jquery” but the JA Erio template doesn’t allow the JavaScripts to it to do so.

I asked for support to their staff and they replied this:

It seems that your template is preventing our JavaScripts from loading properly. We assume that it is preventing files containing the string “jquery” from being loaded, however in our case its safe to do that.

Mozilla develper tool returned these errors when loading the page.

Error: jtecQuery is not defined
    Origin file: /components/com_jtagcalendar/assets/js/js.loader.php
    Line: 3040

Error: this.menu.getElements is not a function
    Origin file: /t3-assets/jsa1acd.js
    Line: 68

What can I do to allow the template to block those scripts to work properly?

Cheers

Fran

applestone Friend

I have a number of jscript / mootools related problems, not only with this template but other, newer, templates from Joomlart. As an example, if I use JA Kayanite, a much older template, I get less jscript errors than if I use JA Erio. These templates both use the same JAT3 plugin – I upgraded this when I tried the JA Erio template.

I couldn’t get JA Slideshow to work at all on JA Erio (annoying as it is your own slideshow supplied in the download) and even the one i do now use, Autson Slideshow, won’t work at all on Ja Erio but works fine on JA Kayanite. In JA Erio it goes bonkers and puts multiple images all down the page wheras in JA Kayanite it is very neat and tidy!

Clearly, there is something in the later templates which is causing more conflicts. I understand that jscript and moootools don’t play nice quite often together but even so, how can your template compatibility get worse with newer releases? Shouldn’t you be ironing out these issues and making things better?

To demonstrate, I have set JA Erio as active on the T&C page – here – and you can see the module working properly here – this page is using JA Kayanite. Trying to view the T&C page, eventually the module gives up and says can’t find images and then to cap it all, SH404 reporting flooding. All in all a bit of a mess!!

Be grateful for some help and advice here – i would love to be able to use JA Erio but at the moment there is no chance.

linkid7 Friend

Hi applestone!!

Interesting opinions. I agree with the fact that things should improve over the years… but sometimes they do not… that’s true. This happened also in the NBA Live series!!! 😀 I mean different fields..same problems. You are right.

There are many factors involved I suppose…

I had a problem with the JA Erio slideshow when using K2. I had to set in K2 preferences the use of a locl copy of JQuery and that solved my problem. But other conflicts with oter components might be your case… I don’t know :((

Let’s see if someone clarifies…

Cheers

applestone Friend

Thanks for your post linkid7, I have tried various jscript resolution tools and tried local and remote jQuery. I guess the issue of mootools vs jscript will run and run but I would expect each template to at least perform as well as earlier versions. To build in problems with new versions is suicide – what works on one template really should work on another from the same company – that’s got to be the basic rule surely. Otherwise, why would we bother to renew subscriptions and upgrade templates!!

tfosnom Friend

[QUOTE=applestone;281599

To demonstrate, I have set JA Erio as active on the T&C page – here – </blockquote>

works for me after a page refresh which stops the image tiling down the page can I suggest in the template manager you turn off all the compress js and link files and try again, i think I had to do that to solve a similar problem, if all else fails try the slideshow module from VTEM demo here http://www.vtem.net/vtem_ex/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=111

Shane

applestone Friend

<em>@tfosnom 281642 wrote:</em><blockquote>works for me after a page refresh which stops the image tiling down the page can I suggest in the template manager you turn off all the compress js and link files and try again, i think I had to do that to solve a similar problem, if all else fails try the slideshow module from VTEM demo here http://www.vtem.net/vtem_ex/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=111

Shane</blockquote>

I did as you suggested and set the js compress to none but that had no effect. I then set the css to none and bingo, it all worked on the JA Erio template.

Good man – thank you!

Kind regards
    Dave

linkid7 Friend

Solved adding any js file of the component in the Optimize Exclude option of the template in templae manager (joomla backend)

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  linkid7 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum