Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

To be able to edit these files directly on the backend would be nice.

ghostik Friend

my opinion: why?
    when I make website for anyone, i make complete website with styled css, layouts, …
    client would not be able to easy make change of deisgn, becouse he could design completely break

dpk Friend

<em>@ghostik 212620 wrote:</em><blockquote>my opinion: why?
    when I make website for anyone, i make complete website with styled css, layouts, …
    client would not be able to easy make change of deisgn, becouse he could design completely break</blockquote>

They already have the ability to break the design if they have administrator accounts. What you are describing is an access level problem to be solved with the ACL and proper permissions for users according to their roles. Not all clients are the same. Some are fully capable of handling design and wish to do so. Others you might need to deny access to templates on the backend.

For those who need to work on design, it’s a convenience to be able to edit HTML and CSS in the backend. And as long as T3 has style and layout code in different places (the plugin and template folders), making the relevant files accessible per template in the backend would have a centralizing effect — it would make design customization much easier to learn and do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dpk 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum