Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

After a hard working week of testing and verifying all the template with the new version of Joomla 1.5.8, now I officially announce that

1. All templates has been tested and verified to work well with Joomla 1.5.8

2. All quickstart packages available in Download Area are packaged with Joomla 1.5.8

If you feel need to update your template or Joomla version, then you can download the new one.

scotty Friend

Update packs available >here<

alyson Friend

hi –
    I’m in the middle of migrating my site from 1.0.13 to 1.5.

Will I need to upload a new, updated version of the template (Genista)?

thanks!

sunrise Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 91696 wrote:</em><blockquote>After a hard working week of testing and verifying all the template with the new version of Joomla 1.5.8, now I officially announce that

1. All templates has been tested and verified to work well with Joomla 1.5.8

2. All quickstart packages available in Download Area are packaged with Joomla 1.5.8

If you feel need to update your template or Joomla version, then you can download the new one.</blockquote>
    Thanks for doing all that hard work. It saves all of us having to do the same thing. Also helps all the Joomlart sites stay on top of the recent joomla developments, and updates of secutriy issues. Thanks again.

alyson Friend

good stuff. so where do I download the updated template from? I have a licensed template, but my membership expired. I’ve only used the one template. I’d rather not have to re-join just to get the update.

scotty Friend

Your not looking for an update, you are looking for a different version. Either way… downloads are only available to current members.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@alyson 94953 wrote:</em><blockquote>good stuff. so where do I download the updated template from? I have a licensed template, but my membership expired. I’ve only used the one template. I’d rather not have to re-join just to get the update.</blockquote>
    E-mail us and we’ll see if we can do it for you.

alyson Friend

thank you micas/michael! I’ll email you.

the below was in response to scotty before seeing micas response –

hmm, you seem to be misunderstanding.
    I have currently a liscensed, working JA template, specifically, JA Genista, which I chose in part because it was said to work with both 1.xx and 1.5 versions, knowing I would have to make the change eventually. Now that I’m migrating to 1.5.8 from 1.0.13 I’m reading in various places that a template said to work in 1.5 doesn’t neccessarily mean it works in 1.5.8.

So, I am in fact looking for 1. information, 2. an update to the exact same template to insure that it will work with the latest joomla. At $70 for one template, it is hardly unreasonable to expect an upgrade of that same template. I would love to get a reply to this from a joomlart staffer. if not an actual template upgrade to download, some advice on (ouch) upgrading the template myself would be greatly appreciated, and expected, for a paid template.

For instance, my font manager app sent me an update no questions asked when I upgraded my machine’s os. This is the same situation. Conversely, if joomlart is truly unwilling to offer this as a free upgrade, then there should be a lower cost upgrade fee. Again, compare this to SOP for any software maker.
    and finally, if no upgrade is forthcoming, I absolutely postively deserve access to upgrade/troubleshooting information.
    Please advise, joomlart.
    thanks!

sunrise Friend

I fyou are not a current member you cannot get the updated version of the template of course, but you can still get the updated version of Joomla, now at 1.5.8. You can update that on any of the older 1.5.x sites you have using the proper update package. If you are using 1.0.x you will have to upgrade to 1.5 first and then keep up on the upgrades. It is worth the trouble if you want to keep your site up to date on security issues, etc.

sunrise Friend

Sorry but the proper working should be migrating your site from 1.0.x to 1.5 not upgrading as i mentioned above. I just corrent this here so you will have an easier time if this is what you are looking for.

scotty Friend

;95345]the below was in response to scotty before seeing micas response –

hmm , you seem to be misunderstanding. I have currently a liscensed , working JA template, specifically, JA Genista , which I chose in part because it was said to work with both 1.xx and 1.5 versions, knowing I would have to make the change eventually. Now that I’m migrating to 1.5.8 from 1.0.13 I’m reading in various places that a template said to work in 1.5 doesn’t
    neccessarily mean it works in 1.5.8.

So, I am in fact looking for 1. information, 2. an update to the exact same template to insure that it will work with the latest joomla. At $70 for one template, it is hardly unreasonable to expect an upgrade of that same template. I would love to get a reply to this from a

joomlart staffer. if not an actual template upgrade to download, some advice on (ouch) upgrading the template myself would be greatly appreciated, and expected, for a paid template.

For instance, my font manager app sent me an update no questions asked when I upgraded my machine’s os. This is the same situation. Conversely, if joomlart is truly unwilling to offer this as a free upgrade, then there should be a lower cost upgrade fee. Again, compare this to SOP for any software maker.
    and finally, if no upgrade is forthcoming, I absolutely postively deserve access to grade/troubleshooting information.
    Please advise,

joomlart

thanks!

Sorry Alyson, I’m not misunderstanding anything. You do seem to be a bit confused about the difference between an ‘Upgrade’ and an Update’ though.

Joomla 1.5 is NOT an update for Joomla 1.0. They are separate ‘versions’ in the same way that Vista is separate to XP. They are upgrades – not updates. Joomla continue to release ‘updates’ to both (until June’09 then it’s bye bye 1.0). If I go to adobe.com I can get the latest updates for photoshop for free but I certainly can’t get the latest upgrade for free (Wish I could). The same goes for nearly all software programmers… free updates – paid upgrades.

When you downloaded Genista you had the option of the 1.0 VERSION or the 1.5 VERSION. You choose the 1.0 option. Just because you have now decided, after your membership has expired, to use a different version of Joomla does not entitle you (as a now unlicensed member) to a different version of the template.

As for an official response. This is in the FAQ..

After my subscription expires, can I download update packages of JA templates?
    No. You are required to renew your membership in order to continue downloading our updates of templates, extensions.

Having said that MiCCAS has said that if you email him he will see what he an do. Which is rather good of him if you ask me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum