Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

With a 100% clean install of URANI, no AJAX search module will function.

NO modifications have been made.

It is stock right out of the box.

I have researched a bit and other templates with the “T3” framework seem to screw up AJAX.

This needs to be addressed and a patch enabled.

Or anyone else who has a fix please help.

Regards,

Gary

Saguaros Moderator

Hello guy! Please provide us with more details on the issue and if possible, send me screenshots of

the issue so that i could have a closer look on the issue.

gmeleski Friend

Hi,

There is really nothing to show.

Simply typing ANY word, results in no results, even though they are clearly there in the articles.

As a TEST, I installed a Rockettheme template (infuse) straight out of the box with no modifications just like how I did URANI. (on the SAME server)

The Rockettheme’s AJAX search worked 100%.

I then installed “Pixsearch” and replaced the Rockettheme module with it. It worked 100% (the RT template).

I can’t make it any more clear than that.

One companies template works, the others does not.

This is time consuming for me to install and unistall templates to test.

Have you tested this feature properly ?

I have read other complaints about the same thing here on this forum and they were NEVER resolved.

Regards,

Gary

Saguaros Moderator

I tested the RokAjaxSearch module, it did not work. may be the rok’s module is not compatible with the ja template, you try to find other module on the joomla extension.

esham Friend

try delete/rename com_search and mod_search in templatestemplates_namehtml
    backup first .

martincg Friend

actually i have same problem with live search with pixpro and jateline III /t3 based/ , no search result

i tried also delete com_search, mod_search dirs, and uninstalling normal search (with purging browser and joomla cache)

gemeleski: did you already solve this?

martincg Friend

i think it have to be problem with template, if i choose basic joomla template pixpro search works

Saguaros Moderator

Dear martincg!

Please give me the extension using for the ajax search, i try to debug and give your the solution

Thanks a lot

augustinovp Friend

i have the same problem, the rokajaxsearch module (from rockettheme) is not working with ja_seleni template and also tried the mod_yoo_search module (from yootools)

before i had ja_teline 1 and was working perfectly…. now is showing no results

any suggestion?? i tried everything, even renaming and deleting com_search and mod_search from mysite/templates/mytemplate/html folder

Thanks

—————————————————–

i just FOUND A SOLUTION
    follow this link: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ajax-search-and-ja-teline-iii/

Saguaros Moderator

Hello all

pls refer this thread to get the solution

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=172696#post172696

omart Friend

Hi, i am using ja_zeolite_ii and renaming the com_search in the html forlder of the template will do the job.
    You must also find in the component.php:
    <div class=”column”>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>

and remplace for:

<jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />

I am using rokajaxsearch.
    Thanks.

timmiller Friend

Hi,
    This fix did not work on JA Rasite at all…using rok, yoo an pix. Even tried a version of corephp.

no results…

visualedge.biz/dfwcgi2

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

ok, you copy the file templatesja_puritycomponent.php and replace this file inside the template folder => and then check this issue again

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum