Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I’m using Joomla 2.5.4 with Joomlart JA Social 2.5.1 and Nonumber Advanced Modules Manager Pro v 3.1.2

My problem is that the module assignments for the ‘components’ assignment selection and also ‘mirror module’ selection are not being respected.

If I select to display a module on a specific component then it just shows on all pages. The only way I can get it to work is to assign the module to each specific menu item (i.e. use joomla standard assignment functionality).

I’ve posted on the Nonumber forum and Peter says the problem is with the Joomlart template just displaying the module directly and not through the module positions.

Please can someone let me know how to resolve this issue?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Blaine Friend

Did Peter say it was Java or what? It is probably a custom HTML module of ours and if so that may be the issue. Did Peter give any solutions to you?

tonyzee Friend

Hi Blaine,

Thanks for your response.

I’ve just asked Peter if he thinks it’s Java or something else. I’ll let you know his response.

I haven’t actually tried this with a custom HTML module.

The modules I’ve tried are the universal ajax live search module and a jomsocial toolbar anywhere module (i.e. I need to ensure the toolbar does not appear on the jomsocial component pages so that there is no double-up and the search module needs to mirror the toolbar module).

Thanks and regards.

tonyzee Friend

Hi again,

Peter from Nonumber says that the problem is related to the template just displaying the module directly and not through the module positions.

Have you had a chance to test this?

Your help is appreciated.

kofi Friend

I have a similar issue.
    The module is not shown on the “submit an article” page. Also if you edit an existing article.
    In AMM there is an entry for the user menu “submit an article”. Although it is enabled, the module will not be shown.

The bug is new. I had AMM running on the website with Joomla 1.5 and JA Social 1.2 without any problems.

chavan Friend

Hi

I have checked with Joomla 2.5.4, JA Social 2.5.1 template, and Advanced Module Manager v3.1.2.

The site worked well after I changed module assignment for components and mirror modules.

Could you re-consider your site configuration? If it still occurs, could you please PM me FTP & Admin account of your site? And I will check it for you.

Thanks,

tonyzee Friend

Thanks for looking into this Do Ha. The issue is that the module displays on all pages, can you please try exclude the ‘community’ component and see if your test module still displays on ‘community’ pages.

If this is found to be specific to my setup then I will have a developer look into this. Can you suggest the best place to start looking?

Thanks and regards.

chavan Friend

Hi tonyzee

Can you PM me FTP & Admin account of your site?

Thanks,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 11 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum