Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am running v1.5 and my admin login has stopped working. Maybe compromised in some way?

I’m presuming that the password can be changed at database level, but wondered where? Anyone know??

Cheers,
    Mark.

bennitos Friend

You have been hacked trust me, you are just lucky they didnt change anything yet but only changed your password.

Change the admin password and update your site ASAP!

http://help.joomla.org/component/option,com_easyfaq/task,view/id,216/Itemid,268/

marklamb Friend

Thanks. I changed it and all is well.

How can I prevent this from happening again – is there a better release?

Cheers,
    Mark.

bennitos Friend

Yeah have to keep up with updates, there been some huge security leaks in 1.5.x

Check joomla.org on a regular basis

adublin Friend

Also, I suggest subscribing to the Joomla Security Strike Team Alerts.
    http://developer.joomla.org/security.html

Tips –
    – Always back up your websites files and MySQL databases on a daily or every other day basis.
    – Keep a full backup for at least a month (not on your web server, preferably on cdrom)
    – Make note of all the extensions and plugins you have and check their websites periodically for any script updates.
    – Check the Joomla website every other day for updates and security releases.
    – Apply your updates to a test site first or make sure you have a backup before applying the updates.

Joomla is open source so you have to be on top of this stuff. Your clients may lose faith in you or your company when they see their site hacked.

Keep up with the latest and you’ll make a good impression!
    😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  adublin 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum