Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

In the new template manager there is a Layout section showing the bootstrap breakdown of the template with the blocks broken down by width, etc, and you can have multiple layouts. What I’m having trouble figuring out is how to assign the “Layouts” from the Template Manager to a Category of articles. I’m probably just overlooking something obvious so if someone could point me in the right direction any help is appreciated.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks for your contacting to us. As I know, you only can assign menu in our template. However, if you want to assign “Layouts” to a Category of articles, you can create menu category and assign template layout to menu item.

This is user guide about JA T3framework, http://demo.t3.joomlart.com/joomla25/documentation.html

Hope it helps.

Michael Impelluso Developer

Thanks. That helped a little but I still think I’m missing something. After reading this article in the documentation ( http://demo.t3.joomlart.com/joomla25/documentation/80-styles-and-template-override.html ) it would sound as if the assignment for the Layout is taking place in the Template Manager and not in the Menu Manager. By default there appears to be layouts for “default”, “home”, “default-content-left”, and “default-content-right”. The option I’m looking for is to assign those Layout templates to menus or categories of pages.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can do with my solution
    + From Default Template -> assign to default layout and abc menu
    + You can duplicate default template to abc template -> assign to home layout to def menu
    With this, you can assign template with many different menus (Layout templates to menus or categories of pages)

Please try again.

Thanks for your patience I was able to get that working. This account may have been around for awhile but I’m the new guy they brought in and I was transitioning from Drupal Panels module to your layouts and was trying to make the connection but now have it.

Can you answer one other question for me? I tried installed the T3V3 framework on an existing site with a manual install. Everything seemed to go fine, except the additional positions were missing. For instance, footer-1, footer-2, etc. When I use your Quickstart package they are all there. I tried a new installation of 2.5.8 with the framework in addition to the test site and in both instances the new positions were not transitioning over. From what I have read, the positions get defined in the templateDetails.xml file of the template, but in the Quickstart I could not find that definition. I figured before I mess with it too much I would ask to make sure there is nothing I am missing about those extra positions.

Thank you again for your help.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can find footer-1, footer-2 from here
    <blockquote>templates/ja_t3v3_blank/tpls/blocks/footer.php</blockquote>
    And postion-0 to postion-15 you can find on templateDetails.xml file.
    For other profile, you can find at this path:
    <blockquote>templates/ja_t3v3_blank/tpls/blocks/</blockquote>

<em>@Ninja Lead 346259 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can find footer-1, footer-2 from here

And postion-0 to postion-15 you can find on templateDetails.xml file.
    For other profile, you can find at this path:</blockquote>

Ok. Those files are there. And I checked the code so it looks like the positions are being set by:

<div class="container">
    <?php $this->spotlight ('footnav', 'footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4, footer-5, footer-6') ?>
    </div>

But for some reason in the Module Manager where you select positions they do not appear in the list.

Nevermind, I think I got it. The system does not create it by default, but if you enter the position name in instead of selecting it from the list it appears to work. Wish there was a way this way auto-populated like other fields, but now that I figured out you can override it I think I’m good to go for now. Thanks again for your help.

Ninja Lead Moderator

yep, t3v3 has changed to make position compared to default JOOMLA , you can define it by code or xml file. From back-end, you can select position to show and place where you need to apply it.

We will upgrade our user guide about this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum