Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Could you restart from scratch ?

1) Delete your database
    2) Create a new database
    3) Download again the quickstart package (maybe some file was corrupted during download )
    4) Delete all files in your web space
    4) Extract the downloaded zipped files locally and upload again in your web space
    5) Start new installation

eclectic Friend

I’ve done all of the above 3 times already!!!!!

eclectic Friend

I deleted the client and recreated it with a new db and no files in public_html
    Downloaded and reuploaded the quickstart for Bistro… now I get these error messages.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_b2239da8d25048064acb811235edc4ad, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/grannysr/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 462

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/grannysr/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php:462) in /home/grannysr/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 462

1. install-error
    pavit Moderator

Who is your hosting provider ? GoDaddy ?

eclectic Friend

No! My own provider…. I have 11 other joomla installations on the same server. So it is not my configuration. I used FF instead of IE and received no installation errors, but I still have the blank admin login as it was yesterday. this is now 4 attempts.

pavit Moderator

Could you give the 755 chmod to your Public_html folder ?

eclectic Friend

no change….. still a blank admin login

eclectic Friend

Did a clean install of 1.7.3 and it installed fine, have access to admin panel etc…. so it is definetely your quickstart package.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eclectic 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum