Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am trying to adjust the position of two asSense ads on my site. Unfortunately, it is offline at the moment so I will have to describe what I am trying to achieve as best as I can.

Basically, I am using the module mod_adsense_joomlaspan_3_ClickSafe to generate adSense ads – I tried inserting the adSense code in myself but the ads didn’t appear.

Anyway, my preferred ad was 728 x 90 Leaderboard in the banner position.

This seemed OK until an ad appeared in which the text ran off the edge – then I realised that the ad was too wide for the position.

I’m not very clever at coding so I decided to find a more suitable ad layout and thought that having two 300 x 250 Rectangle ads side by side would fit nicely and look OK. But when I checked it out, the ads were one above the other.

Is there a nice simple way to do this, please?

Thanks,

Alf

mihirc Friend

Hi,

Even though i understand your problem to suggest a solution, I would really like to see your site first.

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

okulo Friend

Hi,

As I mentioned, the site is offline as I don’t want it to be spidered or linked to in any way until it is up and running.

Would a screen grab do?

1. adsensegrab
    okulo Friend

Well, I seem to have fixed this but without completely understanding how.

I had the two modules (type = mod_adsense_joomlaspan_3_ClickSafe) open in Module Manager and was looking for any clue as to what I might adjust to put the ads adjacent to each other rather than one above the other.

There isn’t anything obvious – at least to me – but I figured that so long as I remembered what the original settings were, I could adjust any of the settings experimentally.

Anyway, the first thing I did was delete the Div CSS codes setting – text-align:center; – in each ad and saved them.

Oddly, when I opened the modules again, the Div CSS codes settings had been reverted to text-align:center; but when I looked at the front page, the ads were side by side.

So, effectively, I have changed nothing but the problem has gone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  okulo 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum