Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I’ve signed up to addthis.com, tried creating several types of ‘tools’ within their control panel but I cannot get it to work with the social icon within the template. The closest I can get is using the ‘expanding tool’ in addthis but I would like it to look like the template. Where you click the icon and it then it expands.

Can you please assist with this as I think addthis has changed how they do things since the template was first designed.

Many thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You should create an account to addthis.com website, then configure your social channels and copy resulting js script code from your dashboard and past it into template manager-> Your default template-> custom-code section – (before-body)
    Verify your AddThis code from your addthis.com dashboard.
    Here: http://prntscr.com/cyk88e

If still your script not working please try the suggestion given here

SiteWeavers Friend

Hi pankja

I’m not sure you’ve understood my post so I’ll try to be clearer.

• I’ve already signed up to addthis.com
    • I had already selected the ‘expanding’ tool as suggested in the other post you linked to
    • I have already pasted the code in Your default template-> custom-code section – (before-body)

The script is working but with a completely different button and not the one designed in the template (see attached image).

Instead of this new icon appearing I would like the addthis script to use the one in the template, is this possible?

Many Thanks

1. addthis
    SiteWeavers Friend

Don’t worry with it Pankja

I have removed the old social icon, You may want to get your template developers to have a look at this code as it doesn’t work as intended with the latest addthis script. I am just going to use the new icon for now.

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Yes, i am sharing it with Test team leader to look on this issue and update for AddThis code.

Regards

tom_laan84 Friend

Has this been fixed already? The problem is that Addthis changed the class from .addthis_vertical_follow_toolbox to .addthis_inline_follow_toolbox.

Please fix the template. I only managed to get half a fix. Seems i missed some code somewhere.

tom_laan84 Friend

For anyone wanting to fix this. Change vertical to inline where addthis code is found.

less/style.less, in
    js/script.js and in
    tpls/blocks/footer.php

also add 5px padding-left to .addthis_inline_follow_toolbox for the icon to sit correctly in the middle.

Please update this in next template update since i now had to customize core file script.js

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Has this been fixed already? The problem is that Addthis changed the class from .addthis_vertical_follow_toolbox to .addthis_inline_follow_toolbox.

Thanks for report i shared it with the development team to check and fix this issue in next update of the template.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum