Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • adamhyde@greatbritishpolitics.com Friend

I’ve set up a test site http://gbptest3.cloudaccess.host/ ready for me to set up on my main site. On it, I’ve enabled both the text-resizer and the sharing buttons and added the AddThis code in the site. The text-resizer isn’t working and the sharing buttons aren’t showing up. Is there a fix to this?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    For the sharing buttons you to create an AddThis account and enable share button for the site URL based from Addthis then copy the js script code and paste it in template options > Custom code > Before/after head areas.
    Kindly send me a temp super user login details via private reply so that i can see the Typo issue.
    Regards

adamhyde@greatbritishpolitics.com Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I checked the AddThis on your site and changed the script code to demo site account script
    You can see its working fine. http://prntscr.com/ebu814
    It seems there is issue with your AddThis account, I suggest you to post the query to AddThis team for script working.
    Regards

Thanks for your help on this, I’ve contacted them. I also set up 5 different new AddThis accounts , fiddled with the settings on each, and tried to get it to work with one of them. All new AddThis accounts I created also seem to be having this issue (on my site, anyway), as I wait for them to reply. Am I the only one complaining of this? If so, I might re-install the template to make sure everything’s ok if they can’t help me properly.

On the text re-sizer buttons, I’ve checked and they work on SOME articles when using internet explorer, but they just increase spacing on SOME articles on Chrome and Firefox. Is this an error with text input that will go when we start publishing new content properly (all content was hastily transferred from main site), or is this not going to go away?

AddThis have got back to me. Email says:

I took a look at your profile and it seems you’re using a newer version than your template developer. To have the sharing tools show up using your profile you’ll have to change this:

To this:

If your template developer does this the tools will stop showing up for them unless they enable a new version of the inline share tools in the dashboard.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I do not understand what do you mean by share this ?? into this ??
    Can u explain it with details?

The template uses a now outdated version of AddThis, so you need to go through FTP to the share buttons module and replace an old bit of code with a new one. I’ve fixed on mine, but if anyone else has the same problem

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Thanks for report i sent this report to development team so they will fix it next update of template.
    Regards

thefc_uk Friend

Hi,
    Can you share with the group what the fix was for this as we too have got this issue with a client website.

Template and I guess the fix does not appear to have been updated since December 2016.

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi

Find

<div class="sharing-tools">
      <span class="sharing-title">Share This</span>
      <!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools -->
      <div class="addthis_sharing_toolbox"></div>
    </div>

replace it with

<div class="sharing-tools">
      <span class="sharing-title">Share This</span>
    <!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools --> <div class="addthis_inline_share_toolbox_co9c"></div>
    </div>

file "/html/layouts/joomla/content/sharing_tools.php" in template "ja_magz_ii".

Hope it helps.

Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum