Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I use t3v3 blank template, I have added a position called position-22 and I want to put in in a spotlight so I can change the layout depending of the display screen. I have it almost working, but I cannot seem to be able to set de defaut size to be span9 , I always have span12 in the template. I dont’ know what to do.
    I also use the css, so I isable the less, but how to work with less file instead of css?

Thank you.

TomC Moderator

Perhaps THIS RESOURCE from the JoomlArt Wiki may be of assistance ???

or, perhaps, the following . . . .

Customize Theme[/h]To customize theme, you can use settings of template (Theme Setting tab or ThemeMagic) or customize the Theme LESS files located in:
    templates/t3_blank/less/themes/Theme_Name
    Compile LESS to CSS[/h]Now, you will need to compile less to css so that new created theme folder will be compiled to css theme folder. Now, you will have a theme folder compiled in the folder: templates/t3_blank/css/themes/custom-theme

When compile LESS to CSS, each theme has an independent folder. The folder contains all necessary CSS files, it is not overridden from default theme –> when your site runs on a specific theme, it only loads css files from 1 folder –> so it will increase the speed of your site.

Some added CSS files are:

• home.css
    • bootstrap.css
    • bootstrap-responsive.css
    • template.css
    • template-responsive.css
    • megamenu.css
    • responsive-home.css
    • home-responsive-home.css
    • component.css

Note: The .min.css files are the compressed files. Your site uses the .min.css files when you enable the Compress CSS option in the Global setting.

• home.min.css
    • bootstrap.min.css
    • template.min.css
    • template-responsive.min.css
    • megamenu.min.css
    • home-responsive.css

In the back-end, you can select the new created theme for style you want

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi maphaneuf,

Spotlight in T3 always have total 12 spans.
    If you want to create a 9 spans position only here are some way
    – Create a spotlight as you said, on backend, have spotlight have two positions
    – Drag your position to 9 spans and an empty position (None position) to 3 spans.

2. Customize by yourself, add new block to layout file (required coding skill)
    Some thing like this

<div class="row">
    <div class="span9<?php $this->_c('new-pos')?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('new-pos') ?>" style="raw" />
    </div>
    </div>

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum