Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Meta information is stored in helper/jafunctions.class.php. Find:

$document->setMetaData('keywords', replaceContentDocument($keyword, $jobs));

And you can modify this to add a few open graph tags:

$document->setMetaData('og:title', replaceContentDocument($title, $jobs));
    $document->setMetaData('og:description', replaceContentDocument(substr(strip_tags ($jobs->job_detail),0,155), $jobs));

In that same area, I wanted to alter the description meta tag. As it stands, it shows the entire description field, along with all html code. So I stripped out the html and limited it to 155 characters. Here is the original code:

$document->setDescription(replaceContentDocument($description, $jobs));

And I changed it to:

$document->setDescription(replaceContentDocument(substr(strip_tags ($jobs->job_detail),0,155), $jobs));

timmieboy Friend

Can the development team add the max length description of 155 characters standard in the component, in this way we do not have to change it again after a update. Thanks

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

The proper way to use Job description info as meta description of Job detail page is as follows:
    – In Jobboard configuration form >> tab Meta data >> select “Job detail page” under “Page type” setting
    – Then enter {JOB_DESCRIPTION} value for Page Description text box

– Next, open the file: components/com_jajobboard/helper/jafunctions.class.php
    Find the code line:
    [PHP]$define = str_replace(“{JOB_DESCRIPTION}”, $jobs->job_detail, $define);[/PHP]

And replace it with:
    [PHP]$define = str_replace(“{JOB_DESCRIPTION}”, substr(strip_tags($jobs->job_detail), 0, 155), $define);[/PHP]

I will notify to dev team to apply this change in upcoming version.

1. meta_description
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum