Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi

I am trying to add a module position to bellow the Type tools, in the left side of article (as lots of space is wasted under it).
    Here are my steps:

In templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/default.php

I added the following code:

Attempt at adding moudle
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="NAMEX" style="xhtml" />

As you can see here:

[PHP] <?php if ($tools): ?>
    <div class=”article-tools”>

<?php if ($icons): ?>
    <div class=”default-tools”>
    <h6><?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_DEFAULT_TOOL_TITLE’) ?></h6>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.magazine_icons’, array(‘item’ => $item, ‘params’ => $params)); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($typo_tools): ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.typo_tools’, array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php if ($sharing_tools): ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.sharing_tools’, array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>
    Attempt at adding moudle
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”NAMEX” style=”xhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>[/PHP]

However, no module is populating, as you can see bellow:

I really appreciate a help in getting this working.

p.s I can not populate the built-in article-left or article-right! Any idea?

1. 1428746733729screensave
    clrmedia Friend

It stumped me as well. I turned off the tools, assigned the search to position “searcher” and then put the following code in a custom html module in the sidebar. I now have Search, Tools, Typography and Share This in the right sidebar. Finally, I modified custom.css to ensure the sidebar always shows in full and the sidebar items are reasonably well formatted.

/******* CSS */
    /* ensure mainbody height allows full sidebar to show *?
    div#t3-mainbody {
    min-height: 530px;
    }
    /*** style the typography tools */
    ul.typo li a {
    text-align: center;
    }
    /* constrain width of tools – I still can’t center the labels */
    div.article-tools {
    max-width: 200px;
    margin-left: auto ;
    margin-right: auto ;
    }
    /* constrain width of search box to fit my sidebar @ 970 px */
    div.form-group > input#mod-finder-searchword.search-query.form-control {
    max-width: 200px;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    }
    /* get spacing to my satisfaction */
    div.form-group,
    div.finder {
    padding: 0 0 10px 0;
    margin: 0;
    }
    /* make Search label match other labels */
    label.control-label {
    text-transform: uppercase;
    height: 28px;
    width: 200px;
    background: #e5e5e5
    font-size: 100%;
    vertical-aligh: middle;
    color: #334c56
    }

Custom HTML
    <div class=”article-tools”>{loadposition searcher}
    <div class=”default-tools”>
    <h6>Tools</h6>
    <div class=”view-tools”>
    <ul>
    <li class=”print-icon”><a href=”/SON/index.php/culture?tmpl=component&print=1&page=” rel=”nofollow” title=”Print” onclick=”window.open(this.href,’win2′,’status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no’); return false;”><span class=”fa fa-print”></span> Print </a>
    </li>
    <li class=”email-icon”><a href=”/SON/index.php/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&template=ja_teline_v&link=aa032be1c36cd094ee8860ef2b2c01cd31b41f81″ title=”Email” onclick=”window.open(this.href,’win2′,’width=400,height=350,menubar=yes,resizable=yes’); return false;”><span class=”fa fa-envelope”></span> Email</a>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”typo-tools”>
    <h6>FONT SIZE AND STYLE</h6>
    <ul>
    <ul class=”typo”>
    <li data-fss=”Smaller,Small,Medium,Big,Bigger”><a href=”#” class=”btn” title=”Smaller Font” data-value=”-1″ data-target=”.article” data-action=”nextPrev” data-key=”fs”><em class=”fa fa-minus”></em></a><strong>Font Size</strong><a href=”#” class=”btn” title=”Bigger Font” data-value=”+1″ data-target=”.article” data-action=”nextPrev” data-key=”fs” data-default=”Medium”><em class=”fa fa-plus”></em></a>
    </li>
    <li data-fonts=”Default,Helvetica,Segoe,Georgia,Times” data-loop=”true”><a href=”#” class=”btn” title=”Previous Font Style” data-value=”-1″ data-target=”.article” data-action=”nextPrev” data-key=”font”><em class=”fa fa-chevron-left”></em></a><strong>Default</strong><a href=”#” class=”btn” title=”Next Font Style” data-value=”+1″ data-target=”.article” data-action=”nextPrev” data-key=”font” data-default=”Default”><em class=”fa fa-chevron-right”></em></a>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class=”sharing-tools”>
    <h6>Share This</h6>
    <!– Go to http://www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools –>
    <div class=”addthis_sharing_toolbox”> </div>
    </div>
    </div>

seavashr Friend

Thank you @clrmedia for sharing

Indeed the idea of eliminating the left sidebar (by moving typo tools to right sidebar) is interesting. However, I have created the site based on that assumption and can not really go back and change the design concept, but something to keep in mind for future projects. Specialty, as I recall, it is possible to move it via blocks in the template files.

Thus, I would still need some help to get the module position added!

clrmedia Friend

I wish I could be of assistance in creating the position. Hopefully, someone will do so for you. Alternatively, could the typo tools be added to the existing sidebar? If yes, this would also give people the ability to order them with other sidebar modules.

Saguaros Moderator

That part belongs to the content of article so I think that you can places your desired module directly inside article: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/loadposition-loadmodule/

Then add some styles for it so that it can display underneath the article tools.

You can use Firebug editor to know how the block of article tool is styled and you can apply that style for added module.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum