Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am trying to add a simple line of text to the position I have indicated in the attached image. Ideally, I could choose either position and decide which I prefer.

I would like the text to be displayed using the ja_contentslide module so that I can have it auto-slide (like a news ticker).

I have tried placing a new ja_contentslide module in the “top” position with order above ja_slideshow2 or below ja_slideshow2, but I cannot get the content to display. Additionally, I cannot place it above the main menu as that is set by the template and there is no module position directly above the main men (that is the ideal location for this text).

Finally, I would like the text centered.

Can someone please help me?

1. Screen-shot-2010-08-11-at-13.15.26-
    Saguaros Moderator

The snippets below show you steps to assign positions to load module ja_contentslide.

Open the file: templates/ja_pyro/layouts/default.php and change the code as follows:

1) Add a new position above the top position:
    Find this line:

<div class=”ja-rs-top”><div class=”ja-rs-tl”> </div><div class=”ja-rs-tr”> </div></div>

replace with:
    [PHP]
    <div class=”main clearfix”>

<?php if( $this->countModules(‘above-top’) ): ?>

<div id=”above-top” class=”clearfix”>

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”above-top” style=”raw” />

</div>

<?php endif; ?>

<div class=”ja-rs-top”><div class=”ja-rs-tl”> </div><div class=”ja-rs-tr”> </div></div>
    [/PHP]

2) Add a new position below the top position:
    Find this line:
    [PHP]
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘topsl’) ?>
    [/PHP]
    replace with:
    [PHP]
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘topsl’) ?>
    <?php if( $this->countModules(‘below-top’) ): ?>

<div id=”below-top” class=”clearfix”>

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”below-top” style=”raw” />

</div>

<?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

3) Add the following css code into the template.css file:

#below-top div.ja-innerdiv,#above-top div.ja-innerdiv {
    text-align:center;
    border:none;
    }

When done, you have two new positions: above-top, below-top, where you can load module ja-contentslide

alisamii Friend

Hi:

I did everything you said, and I even added <position>above-top</position> and <position>below-top</position> to the templateDetails.xml file, but no difference.

Frustrated!!!

Thanks for replying quickly.

If you want admin access, please let me know.

Saguaros Moderator

as per our chat, the issue has been resolved.
    If someone needs similar customization, the instructions in post #2 still works. Just one note, the CSS syntax should be adjusted to fit your site. In case of loading modules using Javascript, some bugs might appear, I will have a look on case by case then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum