Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,
    Personally, I’d prefer if IE didn’t exist at all, however for the purposes of the greater viewing audience can anyone please tell me of the general process of adding IE conditional comments?
    Therefore, the equivalence of adding, for example:

<!–>
    <link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”/mydomain.com/css/ie8.css” media=”screen” />
    <!–>

There is an IE7 style sheet already including with the JA-Nex template I am modifying (within Joomla 2.5) which is overriding and detecting my changes just fine for IE7, however I would like to add alternative styles for IE6, 8, and 9.

More so to the point, there is no conditional comment I could see in the header source, and I’m not sure how the existing template-ie7.css file is being targeted etc.

Any advice and/or suggestions much appreciated.

Regards,
    Rob

Linux & Open Source: FREEDOM!

pixelzombie Friend

Hi Rob,

you can add IE specific css files within your templates layout. Go to the template manager and open the layout you’re using (e.g. Default). At the top you’ll see something like this:

<!--Extra css load for this layout-->
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>

just add this for the various IE versions and create the files in you templates folder /css

<stylesheets>
    <file condition="ie">css/template-ie.css</file>
    <file condition="ie 7">css/template-ie7.css</file>
    <file condition="ie 8">css/template-ie8.css</file>
    <file condition="ie 9">css/template-ie9.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

Cheers

Frank

brookesy_au Friend

Many thanks for that, Frank. Cheers!

Linux & Open Source: FREEDOM!

laz18345 Friend

<em>@pixelzombie 308606 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Rob,

you can add IE specific css files within your templates layout. Go to the template manager and open the layout you’re using (e.g. Default). At the top you’ll see something like this:

<stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>

just add this for the various IE versions and create the files in you templates folder /css

<stylesheets>
    <file condition="ie">css/template-ie.css</file>
    <file condition="ie 7">css/template-ie7.css</file>
    <file condition="ie 8">css/template-ie8.css</file>
    <file condition="ie 9">css/template-ie9.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

Cheers

Frank</blockquote>
    Do you know why this does not work for ja-puresite 2.5 ?
    I insert the bellow in the head.php and worked but not for the all menus see http://odysseus-shipmodels.gr/bullet/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=172&Itemid=712&lang=en

<!–>
    <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/ja_puresite/css/template-ie9.css” type=”text/css” />
    <!–>

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

When I open your site in IE9, I see that this: /templates/ja_puresite/css/template-ie9.css file is loaded. And it looks the same in IE9 and Chrome, let me know how you want to achieve.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum