Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi, 2nd attempt at posting this, the first one disappeared after editing!!

Is it possible to add a new module, for example home-corporate, to the Uber default template? If so, would this allow us to use ACM to add content blocks so that article content and ACM blocks appear on the same page?

Finally, if this is possible, is there a guide to doing this?

Regards
    David

pavit Moderator

Hi

Your question is not so clear , you can add each module you want inside template but here i think you are talking about new positions .

Could you describe in details what exactly you need ? and provide also a mock-up image of your desired layout ?

applestone Friend

Sorry, yes, your are right Pavit. I was asking about adding a block module position to the UBER default template. You call these home-corporate, home-business etc

My concern is that just using only blocks doesn’t provide enough flexibility. There will be times when we may want to add content. Also, I worry about SEO as pages without content might be downgraded in search. Google loves content so if there isn’t any, it could be a problem. What I would like to be able to do then is to mix content and the Uber "blocks" on any page I want, This creates a more interesting website and allows even more flexible layout customisation. My question was, is this possible and if so, how do we do it.

Regards
    David

applestone Friend

Any comments?

pavit Moderator

Hi

What I would like to be able to do then is to mix content and the Uber "blocks" on any page I want

I’m sorry but what you are asking is not clear enough

You have already this available , you can create completely new layouts and add to it a new block customizing whole layout as you wish , home-corporate, home-business are conventionals layout names and you can customize them adding or removing blocks , so for example if you want the layout showing your content you will need to be sure that your layout contains the "component" block "you can look at the default layout" then you can add to it any block you need above or below the "component" block

Hope was clear and i understood correctly your question.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum