Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to add a simple facebook like button to the top of the site with HTML5 code as given on facebook developers page:

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/

There are two steps to implementing the like button.

1. Include the JavaScript SDK on your page once, ideally right after the opening <body> tag.
    2. Place the code for your plugin wherever you want the plugin to appear on your page

However I cannot see where to place the JavaScript SDK for this template. I am trying to make the Like button appear on the top right hand next to the social buttons in the position called ‘social’.

How can I do this on this template?

TomC Moderator

<em>@ashkanmiri 309779 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m trying to add a simple facebook like button to the top of the site with HTML5 code as given on facebook developers page:

How can I do this on this template?</blockquote>
    Seems to me that you’re going through a whole lot of unnecessary coding effort when there are several FREE extensions available for this within the JOOMLA EXTENSIONS DIRECTORY

(the link above will take you right to the “social web” extensions. 😎

ashkanmiri Friend

Actualy I did try this one:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-share/facebook-share/16585

But when I set the position to ‘social’ on JA_mers the like button keeps going behind the site’s logo. I believe the alignment of this ‘social’ position is on the right and there are not settings in the extension to right align it.

So yes the extensions work but I can’t get it on the top right hand side of the website.

TomC Moderator

Sounds like it may be a layering (z-index) issue within the css.

If you try the extension again, please post the url of the site you’re working on and I will take a look to see if I can’t help you with the display. If you do this, also please set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings.

It would also be helpful if you could, perhaps, throw together a quick mock-up screenshot of how the elements are supposed to display (i.e. how you want them to display).

ashkanmiri Friend

Just tried this module

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/republish/14580

It seems to have pushed the menu bar down and is not in line with the social buttons, and the like button is behind the logo. I will PM you the URL as I do not want it to be public.

ashkanmiri Friend

I have set the optimised CSS to ‘No’. Also I want the like button to be on the top right hand corner next to the facebook share and twitter follow images.

ashkanmiri Friend

Post Deleted.

ashkanmiri Friend

I’m just going to leave the like box on the site for now as the two buttons don’t seem to want to work with each other on the same line. I have come up with a solution, not perfect but you can close this thread. Thanks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ashkanmiri 309802 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m just going to leave the like box on the site for now as the two buttons don’t seem to want to work with each other on the same line. I have come up with a solution, not perfect but you can close this thread. Thanks.</blockquote>
    Well, I am glad that you were at least able to arrive at a temporary solution for now. I’m sure you/we can figure out how to get it as you want it to display – if you ever want to re-visit this issue. If so, just repost in this thread and it will bump it back up and alert me.

All the best with your continuing site development.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum