Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m probably missing something but can’t see how to add or change videos on the home page articles. I’ve looked at the documentation and can see how the metadata option needs to be set to Video. However, when I look at the demo site and my installed quickstart, I can’t see where you put the embed information – the article “The End – Pearl Jam”, for example, has nothing in the article text or options that I can see that points to the video. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

pavit Moderator

Hi

In the quickstart package video articles are already set to show

Example the article :Marco is the Running Man has this code

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s81yASLT00A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you click it it opens a popup with the video.

<blockquote>I’ve looked at the documentation and can see how the metadata option needs to be set to Video</blockquote>

Take a look HERE

ghbridge Friend

Thanks,

I saw how the metadata needs to be set up to video – that’s not a problem.

However, for some reason, the iframe code you mention does not appear – the video is there, but there is no code visible. At the same time, if I try and paste the embed code into the html input section, when I click ‘Update’ the code just disappears. I have found a workaround by installing a separate ’embed video’ extension from a third party but would like to know why the iframe code wasn’t appearing.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Try to disable your editor and add the code with editor disabled, save the article and enable again the editor

ghbridge Friend

Thanks again – how do I disable the editor and where do I post the iframe code, in the html source or in the article text? (And if I post in the article text, do I need any other code (ie. <div> etc..)?

pavit Moderator

To disable editor goto System>>Global Configuration>>Default Editor and set it to Editor – None

The code need to be added in the article content – in the article details tab

<blockquote>do I need any other code (ie. <div> etc..)</blockquote>

No only the iframe code

ghbridge Friend

Ignore the last question. Problem solved – the issue was to do with my browser and it’s settings (Chromium in Ubuntu). The code is clearly visible in Firefox and can be edited and saved, so I guess I’ll just use Firefox for now! Thanks for your help.

ghbridge Friend

Having said which, out of interest I tried doing what you suggested in Chromium (ie. turn off the editor) and it worked perfectly. I’ve no idea, therefore, why using TinyMCE Editor in Chromium won’t allow you to see the iframe code, whereas the same setup in Firefox does..

jantunes Friend

Form my experience Chrome does not work the same way as Firefox for editing Joomla.A lot of options seem to go amiss. It is good to check pages and to browse, but for working purposes on backend, Firefox seems to be the best choice. No other browser compares it in this area. Just my two cents!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jantunes 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum