Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dear JA and people

Just a question or some advice,

I want to add Captcha into your Registration module as I getting many spam registrations, do you have a recommended extension that works with your template? Or is there another proceedure

Any advice or help would be appreciated?

Paul

Anonymous Moderator

Hi pdfx

Please go to this page to find your extension: http://extension.joomla.org

Hope it helps

pdfx Friend

Hi thank you for the reply

But is there a specific one that you recommend?

Paul

Anonymous Moderator

Hi you

I am not sure for your idea. Please refer this link: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/captcha

pdfx Friend

Hi again

Is there a Captcha plug in for the JA Opal create an account?
    I can use capctha on the standard joomla components but wanted to add it to the create account next to the main log in

Paul

uniquebiz Friend

pdfx;179869Hi again

Is there a Captcha plug in for the JA Opal create an account?
    I can use capctha on the standard joomla components but wanted to add it to the create account next to the main log in

Paul

JED Link and comments Pls read 3rd comment re a JA Highslide Register pop-up, Create an account, and devs reply to get it working with this extension

Developer site and Download link

Hope this gets the job done
    Cheers Shannon

pdfx Friend

Hi thanks for that,

I found the posts, is this the answer the creator wrote?

Quote: – captcha will auto add only in core joomla forms (without template overrides).JA Highslide Register pop-up is not part of joomla core and so you need to use the php block mentioned in the documentation page.You can however set botscout options and will avail the passive spam protection for registration since the registration form has a field named ’email’

Ok so on the documentation I also found

Ans: Make sure default views of other 2 forms are not overridden.Some joomla templates usually come with there own views.(view files overridden by templates are saved like templates/{yourtemplate}/html/{component foder}/{concerned viewfile}.php )

for example : contact us form overridden by your custom template will be in
    templates/<YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE>/html/com_contact/contact/default_form.php
    similarly
    register:templates/<YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE>/html/com_user/register/default.php
    login:templates/<YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE>/html/com_user/login/default_login.php
    login module(which appears in side bars) : templates/<YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE>/html/mod_login/default.php
    To make sure the captcha is not shown becasue of template overrides,try renaming the concerned file in template and refresh the page in browser,the default joomla view will show most likely with the captcha

Answer, so in the file templates/{yourtemplate}/html/{component foder}/{concerned viewfile}.php
    I should add the code to add the captcha when someone is registering?

<?php
    global $mainframe;
    //set the argument below to true if you need to show vertically( 3 cells one below the other)
    $mainframe->triggerEvent(‘onShowOSOLCaptcha’, array(false));
    ?>

Pd

uniquebiz Friend

pdfx;181666Hi thanks for that,

I found the posts, is this the answer the creator wrote?

Quote: – captcha will auto add only in core joomla forms (without template overrides).JA Highslide Register pop-up is not part of joomla core and so you need to use the php block mentioned in the documentation page.You can however set botscout options and will avail the passive spam protection for registration since the registration form has a field named ’email’

Pd

That is the answer supplied to the op re highslide and Ja Template usage, NO use asking me re the coding :)as I’m not the developer of the extension.

If you want answers contact the OSOLCaptcha developer here is his general support comments and contact details

PS:Please check the technical requirements section and FAQs section in the download page of the plugin,first if you are having any issues with the plugin

Feel free to post your doubts,suggestions,recommendations and any issues with this plugin in the comments form at the bottom of the download page.

If you dont get a reply within one business day regarding any serious issues posted in my site ,please post it to the forum page of this plugin,giving the details of the issue and the links of pages where you are facing the issue

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2072414#p2072414

This is all I can offer re support of the non JA plugin
    Blessings Shannon

pdfx Friend

Thnaks, will look into this when i have the time, just getting spammed a lot by spam registrators

Pd

ar2solutions Friend

Here is the one that i found recently…

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/authentication/7727?qh=YToxOntpOjA7czoxNzoiYWxwaGFyZWdpc3RyYXRpb24iO30%3D

Features :

* Header Step by Step
    * Accept Terms of Use
    * Show/Hide field to referral user code (AlphaUserPoints)
    * Show/Hide field for coupon code (AlphaUserPoints)
    * Show/Hide field for birthdate (AlphaUserPoints)
    * Show/Hide field for gender(AlphaUserPoints)
    * Set minimum Age required for birthdate (AlphaUserPoints)
    * Password strength
    * Retype e-mail to confirm
    * E-mail as username
    * Username blocker
    * Images step in the language used
    * show/hide login on last step
    * reCaptcha
    * jQuery validation
    * Check username already exist before post
    * Check email already exist before post
    * Check referral user code exist before post
    * Check coupon code exist before post
    * Filter email domain name (spam)
    * Choose an Itemid
    * Add positions modules
    * Name Username and password should have at least 6 characters
    * Auto purge never connected users (spam)
    * MVC Architecture

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ar2solutions 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum