Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone……

I’m trying to add a border to my template. Basically I’ve installed the template and managed to change the sites background to the color of my choice. Now that I’ve changed the background, all the content on the page is sitting on that background and I dont want it. I know this template is center and what I want to do is create a border for the template and change the background to white just within the template that is border. Everything else be the same color around it. Does anyone know how to border the templates like that. You can checkout what I’m talking about of how it looks right now at CoachedLove.com

To sum it up, I want the centered template to be wrapped with a border and a different background color (white) that the content sits on.

Help:confused:

mrclickcola Friend

Nevermind, I figured it out. 🙂

kalibs112 Friend

Hi Mr ClickCola….would you plz help me on how you went about changing the background and indeed how to add a border to the template…been trying to figure this out for ages but just can’t get the answers to it…I am a newbie, that is why…Will be greatful 4 ur help…ciao

zakladadadic Friend

In template.css near line 20, find

body#bd {
    background: url(../images/bg.gif) repeat-x top left;
    color: #666666;
    }

and change it to (for red color)

body#bd {
    background: #D33615;
    }

mrclickcola Friend

To put a border around the template itself you will have to select each segment in the index.php and reference to css. For instance:

JA HEADER

You go to the css or as I did to add a border to that by adding

<blockquote>#ja-header .main {
    height: 100px;
    position: relative;
    border-left: 1px solid #000000;
    border-right: 1px solid #000000;
    border-top: 1px solid #000000;
    background: url(../images/bgtp.png) no-repeat;</blockquote>

notice i didnt put a border at the bottom as you want the border to go straight down. After that you would go to the next section which would be the menu. For this part you would just add the border for the left and right, and then go to the next section and do the same. Kind of get it now?

kalibs112 Friend

Thanks for your help….it did all the trick…once I go online I will send u my url to view how I went about it…at the mo I am still working locally….

Thanx a great deal, guys. Ja bless

#ja-header .main {
    height: 100px;
    position: relative;
    border-left: 1px solid #000000;
    border-right: 1px solid #000000;
    border-top: 1px solid #000000;
    background: url(../images/bgtp.png) no-repeat;

kalibs112 Friend

Mate, do you know how I can include a standard banner in the header of Je Teline??? I followed Scotty’s guidelines but I am bamboozled now coz the header is broken coz the Headline ticker module is pushing the search module down causing some really ugly look….need help on this…ta

kalibs112 Friend

Mate, do you know how I can include a standard banner in the header of Je Teline??? I followed Scotty’s guidelines but I am bamboozled now coz the header is broken coz the Headline ticker module is pushing the search module down causing some really ugly look….need help on this…ta

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kalibs112 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum