Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping to add a Banner to the top of this template, at the same level of the logo, but right justified.

I’m pretty green with this stuff, I can navigate my way around & edit code, I just dont always know what it does.. hahaha

Please see attached image, it will demonstrate where I need the banner to appear and how large the banner image will be.

Any help would be greatly apprectaied.

1. sp-banner
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You can add it by this way

Open templates/ja_mitius/tpls/blocks/header.php file
    from

<div class="span4">
    </div>

change to

<div class="span4">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('add_new_position')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('add_new_position') ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>

thesportspage Friend

Thanks so much for the reply. I appreciate your time.

I have inserted the code as you instructed, however, I’m not seeing the new position listed when I attempt to place the banner module there. Is there anything else I should do?

Sincerely,
    -Mike

dmy09 Friend

after that you should go to templates/ja_mitiu/templateDetails.xml and add this position:

<position>add_new_position</position>

Ninja Lead Moderator

That’s right, thanks for your help

thesportspage Friend

Thanks again guys, and I appreciate your patients with me..

Unfortunately it’s still not working for me – is there something I need to add to the css anywhere to define the size of the position?

Cheers,
    Mike

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@thesportspage 363594 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks again guys, and I appreciate your patients with me..

Unfortunately it’s still not working for me – is there something I need to add to the css anywhere to define the size of the position?

Cheers,
    Mike</blockquote>

Hi Mike,

Can you pm me with url, admin access and ftp account. I shall try to help you out.

Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@thesportspage 363594 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks again guys, and I appreciate your patients with me..

Cheers,
    Mike</blockquote>

Because you have minor error on header.php file. I have fixed it

from

<?php if ($this->countModules('add_new_position')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('banner2013') ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>

change to

<?php if ($this->countModules('banner2013')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('banner2013') ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>

The banner is working now. Please check it again, let me know if it helps

thesportspage Friend

Thanks so much. I seem to be on the right track – can you check the page now and note how the banner is overlapping? Is there some css I can edit to fix the size of the position? I tried to make the banner images the same size as the space – but I’m missing something!

Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

I see the problem on your site. You can fix it as follows :

Open templates/ja_mitius/css/custom.css file

add new script below

.span8 .module-inner .module-ct {
    padding: 0px;
    }

Edin Friend

how to add padding just for this new modul 10px from top? What must i type in custom.css? Thank you

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi edinn,

Please share the url of your site along with a screenshot highlighting the remaining issue, so that i can check and give you specific answers. It would be much faster for me to help you that way.

Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum