Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

We have developed in parallel from the very beginning 2 sites (similar structure, content almost similar) in English and Spanish, that are updated on a daily basis.

Now we need to add a site in Portuguese, copying it from the Spanish one. We want to keep the same structure, as well as menues and a small proportion of contents (translated into Portuguese), for example certain institutional information and pages that describe categories. Translation will be manual, I suppose, unless there are something to make it easier. Most but not all past information in Spanish will be deleted and not tranaslated as we will begin adding content in Portuguese from a certain date in the future, once it is online.

I will appreciate orientation about how to do it, as easy as possible, and keeping the same design we have achieved for the 2 sites already online.

Sites are located at: http://npsglobal.org/eng and http://npsglobal.org/esp

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

i think you should use JoomFish and install three languages on one site, you should not duplication projects to be 3 times,
    when you add new a article for a simple about the writing article,

1) solution for 3 sites ( your way ), you access three site and do some a similar action:
    a) put title of article
    b) choose section, category
    c) put images and translate text

2) solution: site + joomfish: you only access the site, create a original article and then you go to the joomfish section to translate text for this article

=> you ‘ll save of time and easy to control

nihues Friend

Not to mention the overhead to the server for three separate sites.

I will do a 3 lang site this month or next, pt-br, eng and es too, and will go to the JoomFish for sure, just install Joomla languages, then JoomFish and translate the articles/menus etc etc… Maybe you will need to translate some component text from the language folder too.
    But it is much more easy to manage 1 instead of 3 separate sites.

There are more extensions in Joomla Directory that can help with the translations too, but the best is JoomFish

newwebsi Friend

this sounds kinda what i am looking for but it will all be in english , i am trying to add subsites to my main site all with different main menues example i have a site roofingrepairexperts.com when people search in severna park md and click on my ppc add it takes them to the page roofingrepairexperts.com/severnaparkmd but on that page i want its own menu with specific pages related to that area specifically and i do not want the user to go back to the main site when clicking the home button . is this possible and if so how to do it and i want to use the mega menu
    thanks
    Kyle
    roofingrepairexperts.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  newwebsi 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum