Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I wanted to make my left hand menu yellow. Adding a new module class suffix for color turned out to be very simple. The following example is for _yellow.

Please note that I have not tested it with all possible variations but it works fine with those that I have tested.

the file to edit is ../templates/ja_purity_ii/css/template.css

The following code was added at about line 816, in any case after the div.module_black section

/* yellow */
    div.module_yellow {
    background: url(../images/by-br.gif) no-repeat bottom right #FC0;
    }

div.module_yellow .ja-box-bl {
    background: url(../images/by-bl.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    }

div.module_yellow .ja-box-tr {
    background: url(../images/by-tr.gif) no-repeat top right;
    }

div.module_yellow .ja-box-tl {
    background: url(../images/by-tl.gif) no-repeat top left;
    }

A zip file of the new colors is attached. They need to be added to the ../images directory.

1. yellow.zip
    lamvt Friend

Good ideas
    keep warm

stillman Friend

Thanks for your work !

I would like to do the same with an another color, I believe that it is the same procedure right !

So I would like to change the color of the four images .gif, you join but I do not know how to do this:-[.
    I am very new with adobe photoshop cs4 and I do not know how to do this change of color :confused:
    Would you mind to explain me, how you do it.
    I am sorry for everybody if this question must not take place in this thread.

Thanks very much.

gambalunga Friend

<em>@stillman 163305 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to do the same with an another color, I believe that it is the same procedure right !

So I would like to change the color of the four images .gif, you join but I do not know how to do this:-[.
    I am very new with adobe photoshop cs4 and I do not know how to do this change of color :confused:
    Would you mind to explain me, how you do it.
    I am sorry for everybody if this question must not take place in this thread.</blockquote>

Yes you can make any colour you like. I used a flood fill and then manualy adjusted the colours of individual pixels in the corners.

Note that the _br, _bl, tr,and _tl after the colour is a name used by the original designer to indicate the position. ie bottom right etc. The colour patches overlay one another so that no matter how large or small the module the rounded corners always come to the top. When you edit the colours you will find you have to expand the view to edit individual pixels which fade to white in the corners. If your site backgound is other than white it needs to fade to whatever colour your site background is. Naturally you need to look in the appropriate corner for each gif, that is to say bottom right for the yourcolor_br.gif etc.

For specific help on Adobe Photoshop I guess you need to find a Photoshop forum.

Have fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gambalunga 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum