Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

<em>@Saguaros 442105 wrote:</em><blockquote>As I can see that the color in menu on your site is changed now: http://prntscr.com/4ekk25

Let me know if you still need helps on this.</blockquote>

So the semi-colons worked ?? ;):cool::):D

Robin Friend

No, but we are almost there! 🙂 I changed the variables instead but I still can’t figure out how to change the hover color on the menu items.

TomC Moderator

<em>@rwold 442279 wrote:</em><blockquote>No, but we are almost there! 🙂 I changed the variables instead but I still can’t figure out how to change the hover color on the menu items.</blockquote>

That effect is controlled by the following CSS rule:

.t3-mainnav .nav > li > a:hover, .t3-mainnav .nav > li > a:focus, .t3-mainnav .dropdown.open > a.dropdown-toggle {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #404040
    box-shadow: 0 0 5px #999
    color: #fff

}

So you should be able to paste the following within your custom.css file, and then change the background color (highlighted below) to whatever color code you want.

.t3-mainnav .nav > li > a:hover, .t3-mainnav .nav > li > a:focus, .t3-mainnav .dropdown.open > a.dropdown-toggle {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #404040;

}

Robin Friend

It didn’t work. :confused:<em>@TomC 442285 wrote:</em><blockquote>That effect is controlled by the following CSS rule:

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #404040
    box-shadow: 0 0 5px #999
    color: #fff

}

So you should be able to paste the following within your custom.css file, and then change the background color (highlighted below) to whatever color code you want.

}
    </blockquote>

TomC Moderator

Do me a favor, go into your Template Manager–General settings and temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “No”

Robin Friend

Well, you have helped me to discover the dirty truth! 🙁 I’m not sure what to do now. I have been working in Development mode and using less instead of the css. Now it makes sense why the css codes weren’t working. I turned off development mode and added your codes and it worked perfectly! :):):):):) The only problem is that I made so many changes while working in Development mode and those changes revert back to normal when i turn the development mode off. So I would have to start over with the modifications should I keep working in the development off mode. What happens if I NEVER turn the development mode off and how come my changes didn’t just save in the non development mode? I’m so confused……… :confused:

Robin Friend

Hey! I complied LESS to CSS and it updated my files. Now it all makes sense. Thanks so much for your diligence in helping me! I really appreciate it! :):):):):):)

<em>@rwold 442399 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, you have helped me to discover the dirty truth! 🙁 I’m not sure what to do now. I have been working in Development mode and using less instead of the css. Now it makes sense why the css codes weren’t working. I turned off development mode and added your codes and it worked perfectly! :):):):):) The only problem is that I made so many changes while working in Development mode and those changes revert back to normal when i turn the development mode off. So I would have to start over with the modifications should I keep working in the development off mode. What happens if I NEVER turn the development mode off and how come my changes didn’t just save in the non development mode? I’m so confused……… :confused:</blockquote>

Robin Friend

One last thing….can you help me change the text color when the menu is in the hover state? It’s white and I want to change it to #404040 .

1. Screen-Shot-2014-08-24-at-9.48.11-PM
    TomC Moderator

Within your custom.css file, paste the following CSS rule:

box-shadow: 0 0 5px #999;
    color: #404040;

Let me know if that works for you.

Robin Friend

Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum