Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

My first support request. I have went through all the forums hoping to find an answer.

I have JA Slideshow 2.6.1 using Rasite, works really well but my client has asked for a few tweaks, they would like to have a description on the navigation selector but also a “Read More” link to go directly to that article.

Under “Profile Settings” > “Display Settings” I have turned off “Show Description” then under “Navigation Settings” I have turned on “Description”, this is exactly how they want it to look, the only thing is there is no way to get to the article.

My source for the slideshow is “Articles”, this needs to stay.

Is there any way that I can get the “Read More” to appear under description in the Navigation.

Thanks,

Graham

1. SS
    phong nam Friend

@graham: We need to confirm that it is not a good idea to add the linked readmore to the description area of thumb item navigation, thus it will get conflict with the click effect of item navigation and the readmore button will not be clicked yet. I suggest you to explain your client clearly about this.

The solution in this case is linking the main slide image to its article so the visitors can go to see the article details by clicking the main slides. In order to get that, you need to follows these step:

– Extract my attached folder to templates/ja_rasite/html/ path

– Put below override styles into the end of templates/ja_rasite/css/template.css file:

.ja-slide-mask {
    z-index: 0 !important;
    }

– Clear JAT3 cache after updating changes.

1. mod_jaslideshow.zip
    wholeschool Friend

Hi Leo,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have done all of the above and it looks and works great, I really like that. Any way to get the cursor to change when I hover over the image ?

phong nam Friend

You can put these codes into template.css file too:

.ja-slide-item img {
    cursor: default;
    }

Change to the cursor value you want.

wholeschool Friend

Awesome… That worked great, I cannot thank you enough.

Graham

phong nam Friend

You are welcome, Graham 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum