Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

May I ask for some help with the code for adding a module position directly to the left of the current login button on the Mitius template so that I can place the Jomsocial Facebook connect module there.

I would like the end product to look something like this:

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

1. facebook-request
    TomC Moderator

I’m thinking THIS"> may be helpful.

😎

deveshi Friend

Hey Tom,

Sorry about the delayed reply, I’ve been working at this over the weekend in an attempt to figure this out before contacting you again and Ive managed to get half way. I think I am still having issues with the CSS styling to get the module position to sit where I want it.

I’ve managed to create the module position in the correct area via the PHP file and it is showing up on the backend module positions on account of the XML file. However, the new module position is sitting above the login button as opposed to directly next to it.

I have added to the CSS file as follows:

/*deveshi facebook login */
    .facebook-login {
    padding: 0;
    border: 1px solid #ccc
    position: absolute;
    left: 470px;
    top: 40px;
    width: 265px;
    z-index: 999;
    }

This is the same code as per your tutorial except I have changed the ‘right’ attribute to ‘left’ due to where I would like it positioned on the page.

Here is the link to the website so you can see for yourself what is going on.

http://www.inferis.co.uk

I sincerely thank you for your help with this matter.

TomC Moderator

Does it still sit atop the login button if you adjust the “top” and “left” properties a bit?

I would try to play around with the property values in Firebug, but I don’t believe you have anything published in the new module position at the moment for me to see if changing the properties mentioned above would change anything.

deveshi Friend

Hey,

I’ve continued to work on this to no avail, but I think you are right in that it would seem the facebook login module is not appearing in the new module position (see image 1 below the highlighted line of code ). It would appear from this that the module is still being dropped into the “top-login” module position.

However I do not understand why this would be the case. I have successfully created the new module position as you can see from the template layout (image 2 ) and I have selected the correct module position in the backend for the facebook module (image 3 ).

I did attempt to play with the CSS code as you suggested using Chrome inspect element I cannot seem to find the new CSS code that we entered into the template.css file. Upon inspecting the facebook login element it appears to me that the CSS is being read from the bootstrap.CSS file rather than the template.CSS file for this module (see image 1) except in the case of some inherited code from the body (template.css:241). Could this be the issue?

I am sorry about this. I am new to CSS and the coding side of website development… I expect this is completely down to user error lol.

Again your help with this is very much appreciated.

1. image-1
    2. image-2
    3. image-3
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

One row should be equal to ‘span12’, as I can see from the header block of your site, it has structure like this:

<div class=”row”>
    <div class=”span8″>
    ………………………..
    <div class=”span4″>
    …………………………
    <div class=”span4″>
    </div>

You can open the header block you changed before and edit the span like this:

deveshi Friend

I got it working!

I had made an error in the code in the header.php file identifying the facebook-login module.

Thanks so much for your help guys, you’ve been awesome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  deveshi 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum