Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author

I just posted the User Guide in Spanish. You have a better idea. I will prepare the documeny as you suggested.

Thanks a lot, Cornelio.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@anaivelisse 63232 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just posted the User Guide in Spanish. You have a better idea. I will prepare the documeny as you suggested.

Thanks a lot, Cornelio.</blockquote>

Yeah, I just saw it. That is a very good beginning though. I am sure it will be better understood by Spanish speaking people.

There are many subsections that are not explained very well in the Official Guide. A veteran user may understand them, but a new user will have difficulty.

For example, some FAQs and Problems

Post installation
    My page is blank, I did everything in the browser-based installation, how come?
    I got a 404 Error, after I enabled the SEO Configuration.
    I try edit the Global Configuration, but I got a JFTP error

How come my site name does not show?

JA News

How do I rearrange the Sections in the JA News?
    How do I make it a single column or three columns?
    etc.

Front Page
    Can I rearrange the articles?
    I have too many articles in the Frontpage?
    etc.

Magazine menu
    I renamed an existing Section in the Demo page? How come I got two same names now?
    How do I rearrange the Sections?
    I do not want to add old Sections?
    Can I place a link instead of a Section?

Hot Topic

HighSlide

Logo issues

etc.

If the whole thing is divided into sections and each sections are further into subsections, it is then possible to hyperlink more detailed How Tos, FAQ, Tutorials and specific sections of the User guide with each other.

If it is subdivided, there is then a need to include a summary Introduction page, for each major section, like an Overview of the Installation.

More notes on common errors (briefly in the Introduction), and more detailed Notes in the specific files.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

This thread is buried all the way down. I had to dig it to review some materials. The Magazine menu changes need further edit, it seems.

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)

This topic contains 78 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum