Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Is there a way to add a menu label to off-canvas sidebar so that visitors will know to click on the icon?

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    Can u add a screenshot of and illustrate the details inside screenshot so i can see what exactly you are talking , and assist you better in this case.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    Can u add a screenshot of and illustrate the details inside screenshot so i can see what exactly you are talking , and assist you better in this case.

ibewguy Friend

Yes, thank you @pankajsharma

I was able to use an .png image on the off-canvas sidebar menu when I tested it live in Chrome’s developer console , but when I added the image to the bootstrap css it repeated my image. This was the only way I knew how to do it. I know you could generate an HTML label with php, but I do not know php.

I changed the css background tag from background-image: none; to the style below. I cannot find the code that is repeating the three bar menu icon. (I knew it couldn’t be that easy:)

.btn {
    display: inline-block;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    font-weight: normal;
    text-align: center;
    vertical-align: middle;
    touch-action: manipulation;
    cursor: pointer;
    background-image: url("/images/SECTIONS.svg");
    border: 1px solid rgba(58, 157, 132, 0);
    white-space: nowrap;
    padding: 6px 12px;
    font-size: 14px;
    line-height: 2;
    border-radius: 0;
    -webkit-user-select: none;
    -moz-user-select: none;
    -ms-user-select: none;
    user-select: none;
    }

The problem is people will not see the off-canvas menu icon and my not open it!!

I am trying to add the word SECTIONS (see screenshot) next to the three bar off-canvas menu icon so visitors will know to go there!

(the above section on bootstrap.css starts on line 2507)

Thanks!

ibewguy Friend

Yes, thank you @pankajsharma

I was able to use an .png image on the off-canvas sidebar menu when I tested it live in Chrome’s developer console , but when I added the image to the bootstrap css it repeated my image. This was the only way I knew how to do it. I know you could generate an HTML label with php, but I do not know php.

I changed the css background tag from background-image: none; to the style below. I cannot find the code that is repeating the three bar menu icon. (I knew it couldn’t be that easy:)

.btn {
    display: inline-block;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    font-weight: normal;
    text-align: center;
    vertical-align: middle;
    touch-action: manipulation;
    cursor: pointer;
    background-image: url("/images/SECTIONS.svg");
    border: 1px solid rgba(58, 157, 132, 0);
    white-space: nowrap;
    padding: 6px 12px;
    font-size: 14px;
    line-height: 2;
    border-radius: 0;
    -webkit-user-select: none;
    -moz-user-select: none;
    -ms-user-select: none;
    user-select: none;
    }

The problem is people will not see the off-canvas menu icon and my not open it!!

I am trying to add the word SECTIONS (see screenshot) next to the three bar off-canvas menu icon so visitors will know to go there!

(the above section on bootstrap.css starts on line 2507)

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You need to use no-repeat in style to stop image repeat .
    off-canvas icon code is defined in the php file . templatesja_charitytplsblocksheader.php
    + i suggest you to use custom.css file to override the css rather then change in the core files .
    Core files are override when u update the template/compile less to css .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You need to use no-repeat in style to stop image repeat .
    off-canvas icon code is defined in the php file . templatesja_charitytplsblocksheader.php
    + i suggest you to use custom.css file to override the css rather then change in the core files .
    Core files are override when u update the template/compile less to css .

ibewguy Friend

Good advice @pankajsharma – I will do that in the future. This customization may be beyond my level of skill at this time

Thanks!

ibewguy Friend

Good advice @pankajsharma – I will do that in the future. This customization may be beyond my level of skill at this time

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ibewguy 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum