Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to add a custom module position to the JA Events website and I can not find a tutorial matching the file structure for the template and T3 version currently in use.

(PLEASE DO NOT REFER ME TO A TUTORIAL THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO THE PROBLEM STATED BELOW)

I am using Joomla! 3.1.1 with JA T3 v2.6.6.

I am trying to add a module position below the content-main position in the JA Events template. I would like to call name the position “content-bottom” and position it in the “middle.content-mass-bottom section” (see image below)

I need to know the specific location of the files to be edited for my particular application. If you can provide some assistance or steer me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thank you.

1. content-bot
    pavit Moderator

Hi

You can edit from template manager – Layout Tab – Default layout adding the code marked with RED color

<blocks name="bottom" style="xhtml">
    <block name="content-bottom" type="spotlight" main-inner="1" special="left" specialwidth="25">content-bottom,middle.content-mass-bottom section</block>

Then in this folder templatesja_events edit the file templateDetails.xml to add new positions

<position>content-bottom</position>
    <position>middle.content-mass-bottom section</position>

For any other reference you can read the T3 Documentation HERE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum