Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

This helped alot, but I find myself still confused a little. Right now I have a second mega menu loaded into the “mainnav” position ( my real main nav I moved all the way to the very top ) but the second menu is taking on the css of topnav and not main nav, what would I change to make it take on the mainnav styling?

thuanlq Friend

Hi @strullinger,

Yes you can do it, please copy all style of mainnav, then define new style for topnav with prefix for all copy styling as
    i copy #mainmenu .link { color: red; }, my topnav style should #topnav .link { color: red; }

nivento Friend

<em>@khanh le 198785 wrote:</em><blockquote>T3v2 templates provide a main navigation (mainnav block type) which can be configured in the template manager, profiles tab. This tutorial will show you simple steps to load another built-in menu system.

1. Download the attachment file and extract into folder: templates/[your template]/blocks. We have a new block type name “topmega”
    2. Open the file (topmega.php) and update your setting (Eg: change the menutype you want to show)
    3. In template manager, edit the current layout to show the new block:

<blocks name=”top”>

<block name=”topnav” type=”topmega”></block>

</blocks>

9276</blockquote>

Hello guys, sorry if I make this request.
    I followed your guide, but I get lost at some point.
    When you say you put the file in the “blocks”.
    I folder named “blocks” inside “template” do not have it.
    I installed Joomla 1.6 with a T3.
    What’s wrong?

Phill Moderator

This modification was aimed at users of Joomla 1.5, not 1.6 so it may not work as expected. Try it and see.

However, you should have a blocks folder. If it is the blamk T£ template you are using then it will be in templates>ja_t3_blank>blocks

nivento Friend

Ah oks Phil and you have some suggest? My customer want Joomla 1.6 and i need to realize a different copy of megamenu above the banner, in this style:

– MEGAMENU1
    – BANNER
    – MEGAMENU 2

Thanks for any idea.

Simone

Phill Moderator

I’m not saying it will not work, it is just I have not tried it. Give the above a go and report back.

mfi_michael Friend

I know this thread is a little old, but thought I would mention that I grabbed the php and used it on the Blank T3 Template and it seems to be working just fine for me.

All I needed to do was add in a block name with the new file (which I changed to botmega.php) from the Layout panel in the Template Manager:

<blocks name="bottom" style="xhtml">
    <block name="botnav" type="botmega" main-inner="1"></block>
    </blocks>

And then edit the .php to, primarily, change this line:

/* Set the menutype */
    $topparams->set( 'menutype', 'topmenu' );

I think this might be the part confusing some people… In the Administration Panel, go to Menus –> Menu Manager. In the list of your menus, you’ll see a sub-caption that tells you the menutype (which you assigned when you created the menu). So just change topmenu in the php file to whatever your menutype displays.

In 1.6 version of T3, there is no default blocks folder, but all you have to do is create a new folder and name it blocks and drop the php into it. It can go in the template folder (ie: ja_t3_blank or ja_purity_ii) or, probably preferably, in the ja_t3_blank/local/themes/user-theme folder if you’re building a sub-theme.

davidyv Friend

Hi khanh le,

Thanks for your tutorial. I had a few problems which hopefully you can clear up for me: How to add Menu Image to menu items like mainmenu? I try setting a Menu Image to a menu, but it can not show.:((

amita Friend

Hi
    Can You give your site URL ,please? Please Update your admin username & password http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/73319

whetheryougetup Friend

<em>@mfi_michael 242362 wrote:</em><blockquote>And then edit the .php to, primarily, change this line:

/* Set the menutype */
    $topparams->set( 'menutype', 'topmenu' );

I think this might be the part confusing some people… In the Administration Panel, go to Menus –> Menu Manager. In the list of your menus, you’ll see a sub-caption that tells you the menutype (which you assigned when you created the menu). So just change topmenu in the php file to whatever your menutype displays.

</blockquote>

I was confusing by this part of the tutorial. Thank you mfi_michael!
    Working good with 1.7 version of T3.

zloy_lamer Friend

how to make a second megamenu, if I have a vertical megamenu?
    If I change a line in the file topmega.php

$ this-> addCSS ('css/menu/mega2.css');

and then add the file mega2.css styles are mixed and broken vertical megamenu….

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can customize second vertical megamenu by:

Open file templates/ja_teline_iii/css/menu/mega.css

from

<blockquote>.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }</blockquote>

change to<blockquote>

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    display: block;
    float: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }</blockquote>

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum