Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I would like to add a module in the header podition, is ti possible?

please take a look to the attached file:

Thanks a lot 🙂

1. pantallitallitallita
    TomC Moderator

It’s absolutely possible… and the following tutorial should be of great assistance to you . . . . . .

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-new-module-position-updated/

edd Friend

<em>@TomC 465819 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s absolutely possible… and the following tutorial should be of great assistance to you . . . . . .

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-new-module-position-updated/</blockquote>

Hi Tom C,

this is just fantastic it works really well, thanks a lot for the link.

Now I have a style problem (I think is it): so like explained in the tutorial you show, I created a new module position.

The thing is that the module I created is not at right position, it is under the logo image and it is creating a kind of “hole” between the navigation and the header…

Please take a look: http://www.jazzed.fr/combleux/

All the code I have in the custom.css file is this (you gave me the “.logo-image a” and “.ja-header .container” code to get the background image and logo size), do I need to add any thing more to get the module like I showed in this attached file?

.logo-image a {
    width: 500px;
    height: 180px;
    }

.ja-header .container {
    /*background-color: #C00*/
    background-image: url(http://www.jazzed.fr/combleux/images/josef.jpg);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

/*Banner css styles, this is code from the tutorial*/
    .banner {
    padding: 0;
    background:#CC0033;
    }

.banner img {
    max-height: 70px;
    width: 100%;
    }
    .banner img:hover {
    -webkit-transform: scale(1.15) rotate(0.00deg); /*Tiny hover css effect */
    }

1. pantallitallitallita
    TomC Moderator

Wondering if the CSS class you’re using for the banner position might be incorrect.

Also, did you create the new position for the banner?

edd Friend

<em>@TomC 465835 wrote:</em><blockquote>Wondering if the CSS class you’re using for the banner position might be incorrect.</blockquote>

It is the same (copy/paste) it is given in the example tutorial you gave me the link.

<em>@TomC 465835 wrote:</em><blockquote>Also, did you create the new position for the banner?</blockquote>

I did all tutotrial steps, one by one in all files:

templatest3_blanktplsblocksheader.php

custom.css file (Not familiar with Less files)

Adding new position to templateDetails.xml

And finally: assigning module to new position

So, any idea?

Thanks a lot 🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi @edd,

Please open file root_folder/templates/ja_mitius/css/custom.css and remove this code :

.logo-image a {
    }

Recheck the result and feel free to let me know if you still have any question.

edd Friend

<em>@Adam M 466475 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @edd,

Please open file root_folder/templates/ja_mitius/css/custom.css and remove this code :

.logo-image a {
    }

Recheck the result and feel free to let me know if you still have any question.</blockquote>

Hi there,
    Thanks for reply,

In fact the “thing” is that I was using “span 6” instead of “span 4” or “span 3”.

So on : templatest3_blanktplsblocksheader.php

I’m using span4 and it is working just perfect and I dont remove the “logo image” line, because I need it.

[PHP]<!– Banner –>
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘banner’)) : ?>
    <div class=”span4 <?php $this->_c(‘banner’)?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘banner’) ?>” style=”bannerraw” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>
    <!–//Banner –>[/PHP]

🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi @edd,

So I guess you managed to sort it out already. If you still have any question, please feel free to let me know.

edd Friend

<em>@Adam M 467168 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @edd,

So I guess you managed to sort it out already. If you still have any question, please feel free to let me know.</blockquote>

Yeah, working perfect 🙂

edd Friend

<em>@Adam M 467168 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @edd,

So I guess you managed to sort it out already. If you still have any question, please feel free to let me know.</blockquote>

Yeah, working perfect 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  edd 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum