Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

There was a forum post back in 2013 that asked about this issue but it seems there is still no compatibility.

Let me start by saying not all the requirement to be WCAG compliance (that is accessibility for users with disability) are related to the templates but there are things that you guys could do.

1) As of now, if I rely on JA I wont be able to get a government or many of the big project, simply because the Mega Menu is not accessible. The user should be able to navigate the site with keyboard only!

Hit tab on any recent template, it will switch to next item but if that main menu item has a sub-menu: A) you wont be able to open the sub-menu B)hitting enter does not even open the actual main menu item. Basically any menu items with sub-menu are not going to be usable!

The situation is worse for out-of-frame menu (on small size screens). Because user can hit tab to get to menu icon but enter does not act as selecting the item, hence user wont be able to open the out-of-frame menu!

2) Mega menu (tested on multiple templates) contains “A button is empty or has no value text.”.

Could these two be fixed?

Overall Recommendations:
    I kindly suggest someone from the developer team reads this resource (offers easy explanation + their site uses a good example of menu):
    http://www.gaates.org/aICwebdev/WebDev_2013-08-09.pdf

and uses the following test tool to see things that would be consider as non-compatible in the JA templates. Find systematic issues and gradually implement them in your work:
    http://wave.webaim.org/

I do not expect that you guys go out of your way in design and development; I know that the requirement for “sufficient contrast between background and foreground” IMHO is too demanding and stiffens the creativity. But some simple changes could make the technical aspect of your templates much closer to the standards, then we can swallow the burden of the contrast (now you know why the government websites are ugly looking and dull). Also the emphasis is on the fundamental of template, not the quick start’s content.

Thank you

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for the providing us with detailed suggestions and resources on WCAG compliance requirement. This has been passed over to our development team for further consideration.

gavind Friend

Thanks for confirming this. Just dropping by and giving this a +1.

gavind Friend

Thanks for confirming this. Just dropping by and giving this a +1.

sobini Friend

<em>@JA Developer 468261 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Thank you for the providing us with detailed suggestions and resources on WCAG compliance requirement. This has been passed over to our development team for further consideration.</blockquote>

Hi!
    Was there any efforts made in regards to accessible templates?
    Which joomlart templates are accessible?

Starting on January 1st 2016 in Austria all the business websites have to be accissbible,
    I need to know if I can consider joomlart templates.

I appreciate any answers.

sobini Friend

<em>@JA Developer 468261 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Thank you for the providing us with detailed suggestions and resources on WCAG compliance requirement. This has been passed over to our development team for further consideration.</blockquote>

Hi!

Starting on January 1st 2016 in Austria all the business websites have to be accissbible,

I appreciate any answers.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@sobini 502993 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi!

I appreciate any answers.</blockquote>
    I need to consult the dev team about this, I will update you.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@sobini 502993 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi!

I appreciate any answers.</blockquote>
    I need to consult the dev team about this, I will update you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  seavashr 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum