Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I just recently downloaded the latest version of Joomla available at Joomla.org, installed the entire package and then uploaded the JA Regulus Extra template / theme to the website and then tried to place in the changing banners up top using the “User 5 through 10” as explained in the Users Help Guide from Joomlart.com.

I read that depending on resolution, I may need to change the index.php files from the current “1” settings to “0” settings. I reuploaded the file and once I did that I got an “Access Restricted” error message on my website. Yet I can still go to the “/administrator.php” section of the website and continue with building the site.

However, the site itself when going to the direct URL link, doesn’t work and gives me the “Access Restricted” message.

How do I correct this problem? I’m running a test site at http://gourmetsecrets.wisebryce.com if you need to check it out.

Thanks for any assistance that can be given.

Sincerely,
    Bryce / Charles12

Khanh Le Moderator

Dear Bryce,

Which setting in index.php you have made change from “1” to “0”? I guess that you have changed the line define( ‘_VALID_MOS’, 1 ); in joomla index.php file. This file should not be changed in any case.

charles12 Friend

This is what I had changed that caused the problem on the website….

4. Screen Resolution Configuration

You can easily config JA Regulus Extra template width by modifying the Template Configurations part in the “ja_regulus_ex/index.php”.

There are 3 options that you can set up for this template.

* Option 1: Template width is optimized for 800×600 screen resolution. No “Resolutions Option”.

$width = “1”;
    $tool = “0”;

* Option 2: Template width is optimized for 800×600 screen resolution. “Resolutions Option”.

$width = “1”;
    $tool = “1”;

* Option 3: Template width is optimized for 1024×768 screen resolution. No “Resolutions Option”.

$width = “0”;
    $tool = “0”;

charles12 Friend

…. and as soon as I made the changes, saved them and continued to upload them FTP to my site. Immediately after uploading the new file, “index.php”, I refreshed my browser window (Firefox) and the site displayed the “restricted Access” message that is there now.

Any ideas, suggestions or at least directions I can use to solve this delima?

In gratitude,
    Bryce / Charles12

Khanh Le Moderator

What happen if you switch to another template? If it is posible, please PM me a temporary ftp account to access your server, therefore I could do something for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 17 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum