Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi! all I write for I am really despaired!

Can you please help me to configure ja news in that way us it is shown in demo.

I am not a programmer, but I use joomla for 3 years building my own websites. it is first time when I completely donot understand what to do.

So i installed Ja teline quick start 1.5.5 and upgraded to 1.5.6 Than I upgraded ja news for there is a problem with character encoding (still not resolved) .

1. In articles I can not add more than one picture, because if I put more pictures ja news uses last one. So i canot define how looks article. The worst is, I must use other publishers logos in and of article, but ja news uses that logos us picture for intro.

2. When I put picture in very begginnig of article than ja news for intro text uses not first text in article but anything else
    the problem is also, when in short articles i try to put read more.

3. character encoding in ja news module.

5. registration form overlays all videos if there is published wmv video. problem is only in firefox and opera, IExplorer works good.

Can somebody from joomlart stuff help me.

This site is planned us news portal, so it must carry many articles in good look.

My site is http://domalaukums.lv

Sherlock Friend

Hi migors !
    I will check all your problem in teline ii package. thanks for report !

migors Friend

Look here is an example what happens. The hot news topic takes a second small picture and puts in hot news module. The same happens with ja news if in article is other image. So in that way I canot make article look us necessary.

Dont know what to do

1. ar-otro
    2. raksts
    Sherlock Friend

Hi migors !
    OK , i have got 2 error about image in ja news and hot topic , but what is error about character encoding in ja news ?
    I think it have been fixed.

migors Friend

I am not sure, because I did nothing, but in last articles I do not see any erors

gaygiorgia Friend

<em>@hainn84 76093 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi migors !
    OK , i have got 2 error about image in ja news and hot topic , but what is error about character encoding in ja news ?
    I think it have been fixed.</blockquote>
    could u explain to all what are these 2 errors and how u fixed them?

migors Friend

It is about main errors. As I described abou, ja news and hot topic modules uses last imgage from article (if there is more than one).

Second is sometimes ja news uses not first text for intro but something other.

The most important is about image. For I must use in articles logos of publishers which articles I use.

Above is en example

Sherlock Friend

it is extactly ! gaygiorgia. there is a developer is working with 2 error . i think it will be fixed soom.

gaygiorgia Friend

ah ok, i thought u already fixed them ^^

rimas Friend

> 1. In articles I can not add more than one picture, because if I put more pictures ja news uses
    > last one. So i canot define how looks article. The worst is, I must use other publishers logos in
    > and of article, but ja news uses that logos us picture for intro.

Hi,

for me, the following solution works well with JAnews module:

Create a new article, insert as many images as you want. Somewhere between the first and second image, put a “Read more” break.
    That way, Ja news will always display the first image, thus you can control what you want to show on preview.

Good luck!

Vilnius city guide
    http://www.vilnius-2009.lt
    http://www.vilnius-city.lt

Wilno – wczoraj, dziƛ i jutro
    http://www.wilno.lt

Sherlock Friend

Hi all !
    Teline ii have just release version 1.6 . please view changelog.txt file to view bug fixed.

migors Friend

Thanks hainn84!

imsleepy Friend

Hello,

I have brand new install of Teline II. Even with the fix it still has the problem of loading the last image in the file. helper.php is included in my install.

Any suggestions?

kenkel22 Friend

what do you mean ….loading last image in the file….. image where? in one of the modules?

imsleepy Friend

<em>@kenkel22 109867 wrote:</em><blockquote>what do you mean ….loading last image in the file….. image where? in one of the modules?</blockquote>

Sorry, I meant last image in the ARTICLE.

Seems like all of the articles that have more than one picture in them, it always shows the last picture in the article. Doesn’t matter if there are 2 or 10 pictures… always the last shows, never the first.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  imsleepy 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum