Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Thought you might like to see one of my sites which has been attracting rather a lot of media attention after Stephen Fry tweeted about it twice in the last six months.

Able2UK is a slightly tongue-in-cheek approach to news relating to disabilities – from mental health through to physical disabilities and everything in between. I provided training for the owner of the site (who had never used Joomla! before), who completely self- manages the site on a day-to-day basis, and support with the general design and development.

It uses JA Methys and a couple of the included extensions, with K2 to drive the news stories.

http://www.able2uk.com

Ruth

jneubauer Friend

wow, really cool site!
    Great job Ruth!

rcheesley Friend

Thanks – took quite a hammering on the latest Stephen Fry tweet – 30,000 hits within 10 minutes! Looking at ways to reduce the database calls it makes, mostly relating to K2 I think.

Ruth

TomC Moderator

I second Jon’s praise . . . GREAT JOB taking JA Methys and customizing it to make it your own !!!

THAT’S what it’s all about !!

😎

rcheesley Friend

As I mentioned, it’s loosely based on JA Methys 🙂

Ruth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rcheesley 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum