Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

A support member has abandoned an important thread (K2 sub-category handling). Since two days I do not get any answer. Do I have to open a new thread?

TomC Moderator

<em>@teutobahiano 249462 wrote:</em><blockquote>A support member has abandoned an important thread (K2 sub-category handling). Since two days I do not get any answer. Do I have to open a new thread?</blockquote>
    What do you mean “abandoned?” … In which thread was your original request made ??

teutobahiano Friend

Hi, tcraw,

this is the thread:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/k2-sub-category-handling/

I am using K2 and want to present – on the inner pages – my items (articles) in two or three colums. I changed the quickstart demo site to K2 and it works! Why doesn’t it work on my own site? What has to be configured, and where? I received a long answer about using “teline III”. This can’t be the solution! There is nothing of Teline_III in the quickstart demo site.

TomC Moderator

Are the suggestions that Pritam gave you (albeit using Teline III) workable for Teline IV as well – as in the code and/or setting configurations?

Also, have you compared to code between the quickstart demo site to K2 and your own files – to see what the differences may be (if any)?

teutobahiano Friend

Unfortunately I have no css skills. There is another thread openend about a similar issue. I changed the code but afterwards the colors were different and there was still one column only. Please let me understand: I installed the template last week two times, The first using the quickstart files, the second on my production site. Are you telling me that the codes are different?

TomC Moderator

I’m just trying to understand and figure out how one version would have worked and the other not . . . . both have the same core files.

teutobahiano Friend

If you want I can give you access to both sites, Interested?

TomC Moderator

<em>@teutobahiano 249495 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you want I can give you access to both sites, Interested?</blockquote>
    What I’d like to see first, if possible, is a screenshot of what you are wanting to accomplish and then a screenshot of what is actually occurring now. I know you’ve provided a diagram in your original thread, but I am a visual person and I work much better seeing what someone wants to accomplish and then reviewing the relative code than just looking at the code. (I know, kind of a backwards way to do it … but that’s what has worked best for me).

I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to solve your problem for you, but I’ll give it my best shot.

teutobahiano Friend

OK, please have a look at:

http://www.femalescans.com/test/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&Itemid=456
    This is a test site based on the quickstart files: I imported all articles to K2 and changed some (not all!) category configurations from native Joomla to K2. For comparison purpose we well use ENTERTAINMENT – THEATRE. The result is what I need: items in two ore more columns. The item view is correct too: options and icons are all appearing in horizontal order.

Compare the result now with
    http://www.europanabahia.com.br/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=201:empresas&Itemid=414
    Before installing the template there were 3 columns, now there is only one. And when you click on any item you will see that icons are being shown in the vertical order too.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@teutobahiano 249576 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK, please have a look at:

http://www.femalescans.com/test/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&Itemid=456
    This is a test site based on the quickstart files: I imported all articles to K2 and changed some (not all!) category configurations from native Joomla to K2. For comparison purpose we well use ENTERTAINMENT – THEATRE. The result is what I need: items in two ore more columns. The item view is correct too: options and icons are all appearing in horizontal order.

Compare the result now with
    http://www.europanabahia.com.br/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=201:empresas&Itemid=414
    Before installing the template there were 3 columns, now there is only one. And when you click on any item you will see that icons are being shown in the vertical order too.</blockquote>

hi teutobahiano,

You can provide me your admin account and the FTP Info if possible via the ticket of MJX-720-61212 for a further checking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum