Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    My Client feedback me that some users see wired layout on IEs, including IE8 and IE10, but not all of a specific version. At the beginning, I cannot repeat the problem with IE on my computer, no matter IE8 or IE10, until I use Chrome with extension IE tab.

As the screen shot I give, the PurityIII sidebar goes down and some styles lost.

I want to know what makes this error. Since all of IEs I can get do not show this problem, can I find a way to teach my user how to configure their IE to prevent this?

It’s kind of urgent. Thank you for helping.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @shawnhy,

Did you get the same result with our demo site ?

shawnhy Friend

Hi Adam,

Yes. The screen shot I gave is cut from Ja official site.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @shawnhy,

Here’s the result that we tested our demo site with IE8 / 9 / 10 in Windows 7 (real device, real environment).

shawnhy Friend

Hi Adam.
    Thanks for the reply and test. That’s cool and MY IE8 and IE10 show the same result.
    Unfortunately, some of computers in my client’s office show buggy layout. Some of them are IE8 and some are IE10.
    As I say “some”, it means other IEs show normal layout without problem. That’s really tricky.

I’d like to conclude the problem to their IE configuration. I need a powerful evidence to show them and tell them: “Hey! you can turn something on /off to solve this problem. And never ever use IE please. ”

Thank you again for the help.

Shawn

Adam M Moderator

Hi @shawnhy,

You might want to check the build version (open IE >>> About Internet Explorer, you will see the build version there) and check Windows update to see if there’s any missing uodates for IEs too.

shawnhy Friend

Hello Adam,
    Those computers all have auto-up-to-date setting.
    I’ve narrow down the problem to IE8 on Windows XP 32 bit.
    It is kind of craze that still using this OS, i know. However, this could cause a refuse of acceptance of my work.
    Can you try running http://purity_iii.demo magazine to duplicating this situation?

Many thanks.
    Shawn

Adam M Moderator

Hi @shawnhy,

Unfortunately, IE8 is way too old (released 6 years ago) and we don’t support it anymore.

shawnhy Friend

<em>@Adam M 504803 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @shawnhy,

Unfortunately, IE8 is way too old (released 6 years ago) and we don’t support it anymore.</blockquote>

Today I figure out the problem. The browser turned compatibility view on, which is originally used to view old (mush has to be very old LOL) websites.

Everything is right after turning that off. Thanks for helping me all the way, dude.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shawnhy 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum