Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

This site is a nonprofit , GeoVi’s Home for New Life, a residence for pregnant teens and their babies. It was chosen because of the colour infusion with my logo. The site was converted to a Joomla! site and personally, I am extremely satisfied with it.

I must credit two members of the forum who helped me with the Quick Start install, anisjolly and bennitos. They’ve been thanked profusely for their help. And additional thanks to bennitos who helped with the JA Header in Photoshop among other things to get the site looking as great as it does.

There will be additional work on the site as I’m learning the typography aspects and how to use them properly. It’s been so much fun and educational for me!

Hope you like it as much as I do. :-*

Thanks Joomlart for great products. I’ll showcase others in the near future.

Warmly,
    Jhazzzzi

http://www.geovishome.org

mfcphil Friend

Very nice looking site, very well done 😉

jhazzi Friend

<em>@mfcphil 74986 wrote:</em><blockquote>Very nice looking site, very well done ;)</blockquote>

mfcphil, much obliged! I appreciate the compliments. They mean the world to me. 🙂

reachthesky Friend

Indeed, it looks good due the logo colors. Thanks for sharing

questbg Friend

Great site, well done! Nice logo too

hanifahmed Friend

Nice site well designed.
    However – I think there’s a bit of controversey going on.
    the words “Hope”, “Faith” and “Love” are at the bottom – but the page is black….

Symbolically – it’s not very good. I guess you could’ve gone for a brighter one or changed the background images to a grey going white effect – but never the less a good site.

jhazzi Friend

<em>@reachthesky 75127 wrote:</em><blockquote>Indeed, it looks good due the logo colors. Thanks for sharing</blockquote>

Your comments are greatly appreciated and encouraging, thank you!
    Enjoy a lovely weekend. 🙂

jhazzi Friend

<em>@questbg 75134 wrote:</em><blockquote>Great site, well done! Nice logo too</blockquote>

Thank you for your generous comments!

Have a lovely weekend! 🙂

jhazzi Friend

<em>@hanifahmed 75145 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nice site well designed.
    However – I think there’s a bit of controversey going on.
    the words “Hope”, “Faith” and “Love” are at the bottom – but the page is black….

Symbolically – it’s not very good. I guess you could’ve gone for a brighter one or changed the background images to a grey going white effect – but never the less a good site.</blockquote>

Hanifahmed, you’re correct, the cause about which I feel passionately is controversial. I struggled with the darkness surrounding the template but there’s much colour elsewhere to offset it, I feel. I experimented with changing it to other colours but it didn’t look nearly as good. I even looked at Senecio as a template but was sold on this one.

With a change of perspective (that won’t be explained to everyone viewing the site outside of JA), families experience darkness (including the pregnant teen) when learning of an unplanned pregnancy of a child but the home offers light even against the backdrop of that darkness; there’s faith, hope and love . . . light and a future.

So, a bit of a paradigm shift and “never the less a good site.” *grin*
    Thank you for your very constructive comments. I appreciate your contribution. 🙂

Enjoy a lovely weekend!

hanifahmed Friend

Fair enough. Your the designer!

A good site for a good cause.

Well done.

jhazzi Friend

<em>@hanifahmed 75286 wrote:</em><blockquote>Fair enough. Your the designer!

A good site for a good cause.

Well done.</blockquote>

You rock! 😉 Thankies!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jhazzi 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum