Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I see a new version of this template 1.11 was posted on July 20th.

How to we safely upgrade from the previous version 1.10 template?

What are the changes were made between this and the previous version?

Is this a security update?

Does this make it possible to upgrade joomla to 1.7 and still use this template?

Thanks
    Tom

gray Friend

The changes could be tracked by JA Updates from this link.
    As far as I can see 7 files were updated, including 1 PHP, 1 JS, 1 XML and 4 CSS files. It seems to be a maintenance release without major changes.
    Regarding updating – it’s necessary to make a back-up in any case before updating. For instance, I made a lot of changes in css/template.css files which I would not like to loose.

fdr77 Friend

But you need to update the template? use joomla 1.5

gray Friend

Last version for J1.5 is dated 07-05-2011. You can check the changes and decide if it’s necessary to update.
    As I can see many files have been modified. So, it’s logical to update. Still, keep back-up of all files and don’t forget that all hacks applied by you to the template have to be re-applied in the new version.

tomarriola Friend

I use joomla 1.6. My questions remain. I appreciate everyone effort to guess whats in the update but I’m hoping for a definitive word on the update content. I’ve read reports that this template fails when used with Joomla 1.7 and since I’m on Joomla 1.6 with an end-of-life in 30 days, I need to consider options.

If anyone knows what is in the update I’d be curious to hear. The changelog isn’t available to me, though the list of changed files is.

1-How to we safely upgrade from the previous version 1.10 template? I realize I need to backup first but whats the upgrade process? Do I disable the current ja teline and install a new one or what???

2-What are the changes were made between this and the previous version? I know the number of files changed but what are the changes? Were bug fixes applied or were cosmetic fixes made, or what??

3-Is this a security update? If this is a security update then its vital to know.

4-Does this make it possible to upgrade joomla to 1.7 and still use this template? I’m hearing reports that teline won’t work with Joomla 1.7. Does this remedy that?

onobles Friend

1) You update via the JA Extention Manager. Check for new updates, when it says one is available, click upgrade/update.

2-3) Not sure

4) I would say yes. I upgraded to 1.7 on Tuesday, and coded fixes in the errors I received (base.class and modulehelper) and the template worked perfectly. I’ve since upgraded to the new version of the template (and the new framework) and my site still works.

tomarriola Friend

Thanks onobles! I hadn’t installed the JA extension manager. Now I will.I appreciate the info.
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tomarriola 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum