Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have now used the Ja Job Board for 2 clients now, and I thought i would throw my 2 cents in. First off the bugs: I believe i was one of the first users to use Ja Job Board..and yes there has been tons of bugs..and quite frankly they have been quite a pain and should have been fixed before release. Ja has had decent support and in getting better. That doesn’t make up for all the bugs that have been and are present, but it helps. I was going also add that a good bit of code was unavailable b/c of the ion code encryption, but it seems that JA has taken a great step, in that they will be providing full source code..i think anyways…this should make a lot of developers happy. For any program to be good,it needs to be bug free.
    Next Features, as newer versions have been released the features keep getting better and better. I applaud Ja in introducing new features, this has made a positive impact on this program. One thing i wish they would fix is the radius. It works as they designed but it isnt the same as most people are used to. The radius is used in connection with the location of the job…not the location of the user. So if you click 15 kms its from what ever city you select for the job location. Not from the users location, (our teams was able to fix this with some changes, but it would be nice if it was included up front).
    And finally the price…we all need to be honest with ourselves here $390.00 for a proff licn. Looking at all that it does this is a great price! Take a look at other job boards and look at the price, we did and you get more bang for your buck with JA. This will increase your profit margin and help keep you and your customers happy. Both of our clients love the work that we have done using Ja Job Board.
    I am not taking any sides ..i have felt the sting of the bugs but have also benefited greatly from the use of Ja Job Board and would recommend it.
    So overrall I am very satisfied with the Ja Job Board and I will be using it in the future.

Hung Dinh Friend

beastmode54;161878I have now used the Ja Job Board for 2 clients now, and I thought i would throw my 2 cents in. First off the bugs: I believe i was one of the first users to use Ja Job Board..and yes there has been tons of bugs..and quite frankly they have been quite a pain and should have been fixed before release. Ja has had decent support and in getting better. That doesn’t make up for all the bugs that have been and are present, but it helps. I was going also add that a good bit of code was unavailable b/c of the ion code encryption, but it seems that JA has taken a great step, in that they will be providing full source code..i think anyways…this should make a lot of developers happy. For any program to be good,it needs to be bug free.
    Next Features, as newer versions have been released the features keep getting better and better. I applaud Ja in introducing new features, this has made a positive impact on this program. One thing i wish they would fix is the radius. It works as they designed but it isnt the same as most people are used to. The radius is used in connection with the location of the job…not the location of the user. So if you click 15 kms its from what ever city you select for the job location. Not from the users location, (our teams was able to fix this with some changes, but it would be nice if it was included up front).
    And finally the price…we all need to be honest with ourselves here $390.00 for a proff licn. Looking at all that it does this is a great price! Take a look at other job boards and look at the price, we did and you get more bang for your buck with JA. This will increase your profit margin and help keep you and your customers happy. Both of our clients love the work that we have done using Ja Job Board.
    I am not taking any sides ..i have felt the sting of the bugs but have also benefited greatly from the use of Ja Job Board and would recommend it.
    So overrall I am very satisfied with the Ja Job Board and I will be using it in the future.

Thank you very much beastmode54 for your “really looks at + and – points over the full period
    ” of JA Job Board development.

Honestly, as a co-project manager of this project, I do see there have been quite many bugs, especially at some first versions of JA Job Board. However, bug fixes & support are the top priorities in all enterprise component development, we do have an active development team behind the software supporting, monitoring, fixing, reproducing & fixing all reported bug almost everyday. As you can see in our changelog, bug fixes version are released on weekly timing and features/improvement/ version are brought out almost every month.

Even with the major new feature release as 1.4.0 just last Saturday, and you may expect download 1.4.1 bug fixes version within this week. This does not mean we don’t have a proper Test, QA and release workflow, we do have careful designed testmap and good testcase list well run by Test & QA team before any of the release. However, with such a sophisticated component like JA Job Board, we never expect a bug free release.

We maintain an open product development with customers by providing features that user request and we try to be as honest as possible about what we can do and what we can not.
    And more importantly, we are here when you need us.

Again, my sincerely thanks to beastmode54. Your reviews is a big encouragement to the team as well as a useful advice on how we can deliver better version update in the coming time. I hope you will have more customers using JA Job Board in the future.

PS: Your “radius feature” has been revised (as the way you wish) in version 1.4

beastmode54 JA JobBoard

Awesome..glad to see the radius feature is fixed….Ja Job Board will be my 1st choice with any other job board projects simply b.c of the features and cost ratio is great. I also an glad that you guys will be switching to a 12 hr response time, I think that will be a big help. I am looking forward to what JA will be rolling out as a whole, I can see that you guys have stepped it up a bit. Its great to see the board getting better and better.

tekknoir Friend

I have to agree, in spite of the bugs, this is easily the best jobs board I’ve seen. I’ve looked at about a dozen, and Ja Jobs caught my eye initially because it runs on Joomla. Many others are stand-alone solutions, and that’s OK but it doesn’t give you the creative freedom Joomla grants, and can be hard to match the branding to your own website.

What really sold me, though, was the level of support. I’ve read through the forums here, and you guys have bent over backwards to give your users what they want, countless times. Although, at times, in a support environment, it’s quite possible to get completely swamped by help requests (I’ll bet you’ve got quite a few right now with a new version just released 😛 ), but you do a good job of keeping up with them, and your product benefits hugely from this feedback cycle.

Open-sourcing the project will certainly keep fussy geeks like myself out of your hair for the most part 😛 I’m really grateful you’ve done this, as my employer sometimes asks for very deep modifications to website functionality :F

Keep up the good work ^_^

imrozz Friend

its the 1st time i am hearing of the Ja Job Board, if its an easy stuff, then i will have to consider it for my new job site.

the0vas Friend

Hi, i have just started to use the JA Job Board.
    Can anybody please tell me if there is a way to extract the data stored under
    >Job Board ManagerJob SeekersMembership details and Resume details?

I am interested in extracting the data job seekers input into their membership and resume details into an exel spreadsheet.

Is this possible?

Thanks…Vas

<em>@Hung Dinh 161891 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you very much beastmode54 for your “really looks at + and – points over the full period
    ” of JA Job Board development.

Honestly, as a co-project manager of this project, I do see there have been quite many bugs, especially at some first versions of JA Job Board. However, bug fixes & support are the top priorities in all enterprise component development, we do have an active development team behind the software supporting, monitoring, fixing, reproducing & fixing all reported bug almost everyday. As you can see in our changelog, bug fixes version are released on weekly timing and features/improvement/ version are brought out almost every month.

Even with the major new feature release as 1.4.0 just last Saturday, and you may expect download 1.4.1 bug fixes version within this week. This does not mean we don’t have a proper Test, QA and release workflow, we do have careful designed testmap and good testcase list well run by Test & QA team before any of the release. However, with such a sophisticated component like JA Job Board, we never expect a bug free release.

We maintain an open product development with customers by providing features that user request and we try to be as honest as possible about what we can do and what we can not.
    And more importantly, we are here when you need us.

Again, my sincerely thanks to beastmode54. Your reviews is a big encouragement to the team as well as a useful advice on how we can deliver better version update in the coming time. I hope you will have more customers using JA Job Board in the future.

PS: Your “radius feature” has been revised (as the way you wish) in version 1.4</blockquote>

Vinh CV Friend

Hi the0vas,

With JobSeeker Manager in JAJobBoard 1.5.2:
    /administrator/index.php?option=com_jajobboard&view=jacandidates

You can view Membership details for each JobSeeker and export resume details for each JobSeeker via export menu icon.

You can see in our demo site:
    http://jobboard.joomlart.com/
    http://demo.jobboard.joomlart.com/

eagave Friend

Is development still active for this component? We did purchase this component sometime ago and decided to put a hold on implementing on our job site as we ran into many issues. We are trying to deploy it again to see how is the new release . any input out there will be appreciated… we are currently using version 1.5.3

kuerten Friend

Looking for on any updates too. Looks like we are on the same boat.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@eagave 300271 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is development still active for this component? We did purchase this component sometime ago and decided to put a hold on implementing on our job site as we ran into many issues. We are trying to deploy it again to see how is the new release . any input out there will be appreciated… we are currently using version 1.5.3</blockquote>

We’re going to release the new version for Job Board 1.5.4 in the few weeks.
    Right after that, we’ll be planning to release the Alpha version for 2.5 version.

New version with updating and quite a number of bug fixing. Watch out for it guys, they are coming!

shazhi Friend

Watch out for it guys, they are coming!Replica Handbags For Sale

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  shazhi 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum