Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Gday there,

Nice templates here and Im stuffed if I know how you put them together, Ive tried ripping them apart to work it out and Ill be 160 years old before I could learn all that…..so…..Im stuck with using your templates if I want anything to look good! This is not a bad thing, you have the nicest templates! So I wanted to know a few things:

1: If the width is set to auto, what happnens when a user with a wide screen monitor gets on, does it stretch right out or does it have a maximum width?

2: Is there some kind of manual other than the basic user manual which tells us how to customise things a bit more? Whilst your templates are nice I would like to create a site which uses company colors etc….and photoshop and me are NOT good friends.

3: What calendar component do u recommend with your templates, I have tried quite a few and all of them break the template once installed, especially on the add event form!?

Any assistance/answers would be appreciated!~

Cheers

Brett

ShannonN Friend

BrettDavies;10327Gday there,

Nice templates here and Im stuffed if I know how you put them together, Ive tried ripping them apart to work it out and Ill be 160 years old before I could learn all that…..so…..Im stuck with using your templates if I want anything to look good! This is not a bad thing, you have the nicest templates! So I wanted to know a few things:

1: If the width is set to auto, what happnens when a user with a wide screen monitor gets on, does it stretch right out or does it have a maximum width?

2: Is there some kind of manual other than the basic user manual which tells us how to customise things a bit more? Whilst your templates are nice I would like to create a site which uses company colors etc….and photoshop and me are NOT good friends.

3: What calendar component do u recommend with your templates, I have tried quite a few and all of them break the template once installed, especially on the add event form!?

Any assistance/answers would be appreciated!~

Cheers

Brett

NO real manual for Joomla here mate but I put links to Joomla tutorials in teh General section have a look

davib Friend

Im comfortable with Joomla, questions above relate to the templates!

Michael Casha Friend

Joomla Documentation – http://joomla.wildit.net.au/

ErikThorsen Friend

You can find TEMPLATE tutorials here: Compass Designs

They have also more tutorials. Click on their tutorial menu button for more. 🙂

davib Friend

arrgh….I am happy with Joomla, I am comfortable with templates, I was asking these questions about YOUR FREAKIN TEMPLATES, not compassdesigns, not anything else!!

Please ignore my questions its clearly too hard to answer

solsikkehaven Friend

come on BrettDavies !

1) Try it yourself. the full-screen option is normally 100%, so I’ll go all-way-in and say: No, there’s no limit on wide-screen displays, they go 100% width.

2) No, there are no further manuals available at this time for JA templates, other than the ones delivered here. Also – please make friends with Photoshop, it’s the best program for .PSD files 🙂 There’s a LOT of tutorials out there, search Google for “photoshop tutorial”

3) Well, install on test-server, then ….TEST ! – I recommend JCALpro, try it out !

If you don’t like my answer, please ignore it.

davib Friend

<em>@BrettDavies 10369 wrote:</em><blockquote>arrgh….I am happy with Joomla, I am comfortable with templates, I was asking these questions about YOUR TEMPLATES, not compassdesigns, not anything else!!

</blockquote>

Take for example JA-Wistery…..what happens when a user with a 1500pixel wide screen views the site, does the site go to 1500px wide or is there a maximum width

Is there a manual on how to adjust the wistery source files ?

davib Friend

1: No I dont like your answer….JCAL pro breaks both Wistery and wistery artistic…..as does virtually every calendar ive tried

2: I dont have a screen that is 1500x wide nor can I adjust mine, I would have thought it was a simple question for most decent people, but clearly in here its a pack of stuck up know it alls

3. I have and it breaks everytime…..other templates dont break but these do

Sheesh, what started as a compliment about your templates and a few simple questions has finished with a god dam argument…..Ill be sure to make sure only those who know everything join joomlart cos its not safe to ask questions!

By the way solsikkehaven, I saw your logo that you uploaded, if thats your idea of good photoshop work you must be a very optimistic and happy guy!

ErikThorsen Friend

@BrettDavies:

Well, as you clearly don’t leave any room for people to try to give you some ABSOLUTELY FREE ADVICE ( whether they suit your or not ) I am not going to comment further on this. I could have provided more help if needed but to me you are nothing but a forum vampire and the best thing is to ignore people that for the love of god cannot be polite and accept that they receive FREE help from members of a community.

I don’t mean to be too rude but I simply cannot take that some people can’t seem to appreciate that other people spend their time to try to help you out without charging for it!!

davib Friend

Before you going running off your mouth I suggest you go back over the conversation, but since u dont seem to want to do that Ill break this down for you from MY perspective.

1: I have seen the templates here and think they are great, having tried to pull them apart and work out how you guys did it, I decided I would be way to old or I was too dam dum to be able to build such nice templates. So Ive decided to join up with you and use your templates..WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD

2: So…in order to be able to customise them a little more I asked if there was some kind of user guide other than the one that comes with it to assist with the customising of the template.WHY? well I had seen that others had had trouble with psd files in other forum topics and was hopingnthere was a tutorial somewhere that would assist Photoshop retarded members. So clearly there is NOT and thats ok…it was a simple question

3: I wanted to know about the auto width function…..I wondered if a 1500pixel wide screen saw these templates stretch right out or did they have a max width..pretty simple question..If I could test it myself I would have but I cant so I asked…sorry if thats offensive

4: I have tried to install a calendar module but all the calendars I have used break the Joomlart templates when using the Add Event functions..so I asked a simple question about whether you recommended a particular calendar module that didnt do this..thats all

What I got was a suggestion to read the joomla documentation…well I have done that..my questions were not related to Joomla, they were related to Joomlart Templates. No problem

Then solsjeknitzen piped up and told me to learn photoshop!…Well thats great that he has time for that , but I dont, its why Im using a template…if i could use photoshop skillfully I would probably create my own….

Anyway….Ive spent enuff time on this, I can assure you that I wont be repeat business anymore, Ive renewed once but this will be it for me

solsikkehaven Friend

<em>@BrettDavies 10373 wrote:</em><blockquote>By the way solsikkehaven, I saw your logo that you uploaded, if thats your idea of good photoshop work you must be a very optimistic and happy guy!</blockquote>

I didn’t upload the logo, it’s was being freely put up for download for the member, that had problems with the original logo file. That solved his problem instantly.

What you think of my photoshop skills doesn’t really bother me, the member in question got help, and it worked out for him.

I have nothing further to say about this matter or any other matter where you’re involved from this point on. Goodbye BrettDavies.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  solsikkehaven 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum