Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi

Having a couple of problems

1) JA Slideshow Lite

Links aren’t working whether they are on the buttons or slide. Please could you confirm the code needed when using the slideshow advanced configuration.

2) K2 cateogry images

I can’t seem to get these to work at all, even though I have set up each category as per the demo builder. The default one for Joomla stories seems to work, but the ones for Facebook etc don’t seem to.

And the demo builder still isn’t working properly, 403 errors when tryting to naviagate through menu lists.

Many thanks

Paul

Saguaros Moderator

Hi haxx,

With this JA Slideshow Litemodule, you can manually add link to image through – description tag in slideshow like:

As in demo site, for example with Facebook child menu item, we create a category name ‘Facebook content type‘ and in JA System Social Feed plugin we set Facebook post will be stored in this category. Please check it again.

403 means forbidden. It may be an actual issue with permissions, make sure it’s public or you may ask your hosting provider to check permissions for you.

Regards.

haxx Friend

Hi Saguaros

JA Slideshow LIte

Links in the Slideshow aren’t working, whether on the slide or using the buttons. Have checked the code against the manual and everything checks out, but just can’t get it too work.

JA System Social Feed

Have checked everything out in the K2 Categories as well as the Social plugin agaisnt the Userguide and I can’t make the cateogry image to change to the Facebook/Twitter/Flickr logos. Categories are all set, and the articles are showing, but not the category images, the category image has been uploaded.

The 403 errors are on the joomweb demo builder site, nothing to do with our hosts. I like to use the demo builder as its a great way to work out how your demo sites are constructed, but it keeps throwing me out. The problem is with JA’s demo builder.

Best wishes

Paul

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Paul,

1. If you wanna click to image in slideshow lite and it directs to specific article, you can add like my above reply

2. Image in K2 items are retrieved from FB, image of category you can change in: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/599/3977727968.png

3. Maybe at the moment you create demo builder site, it’s overloaded, you can try it again.

Regards.

mjmo Friend

Hi Paul

I had the same problem as you. What worked for me was to type in the same K2-Category-Keyword like in the demo.

E.g. if you like to show a Feed from Twitter the K2-Category-Keyword must be “twitter”.

Hope this helps!

Best regards

mjmo

1. k2-keyword
    haxx Friend

Hi mjmo

Thanks mate that solved the category problems with K2.

Hi Saguaros

This is the code I have in the Slideshow, but it doesn’t work…

<h3>Welcome To The BTKA</h3><p>The home of Washinkai Karate. </p><a class="btn-action" href="http://www.btka.org.uk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=56&Itemid=157"><span>About Us</span></a>

And as for the demo builder, I’ve tried it on at least 3 seperate occasions and everytime it throws my out with a 403 error.

Paul

utriculus Friend

Hi all,

I have the same problem with non-working links placed inside the code.

This is the code:
    <h3><font color=”red”>21/23 </font>settembre</h3><p><h2>La piĆ¹ grande mostra-mercato d'Italia dedicata alle piante grasse da collezione.</p></h2><a class=”btn-action” href=”www-site2.com”><span>PROGRAMMA</span></a>

It is well displayed, but:

First part of the code (background image description)

this link is not working at all.

Second part of the code (button link)
    <a class=”btn-action” href=”www-site2.com”><span>PROGRAMMA</span></a>
    Points at the address above (http://www.site1.com)

This is only for first slide. Other slides don’t work, even if I copy the same code and change just the slide no.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,
    @haxx: I’ve tried to add your url to may local: http://www.btka.org.uk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=56&Itemid=157 and it works, it directs to this link when I click image in slideshow.
    @utriculus: Please try to add full url to url=”…………”, you can pm me admin account and url you want to link to when click images in slideshow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum