Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sorry if this topic is a bit OT, but I cannot find a real solution:
    I had this problem also in Teline IV and Joomla previous than 3.3.4 in the last week: RSS feeds stopped to work (without change nothing), in the system Joomla RSS, Ninja RSS and also obRSS system, still also in JA Teline V.
    I’ve deleted Joomla cache, but nothing, the feed is ok (validated), but the content is void at all, as no new items were been added…

Any help or hints to reset all? and also how to delete cache for Google, Feedly, Feedburner…
    In Feedly my Ninja link still give articles from 410 days ago (but not the newest)!

Thank you,
    Salvo

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Salvo,

Could you post your site’s URL here so that I can take a look?

For cache of feed extension installed on your site, you can ask question in their providers.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Salvo,

For cache of feed extension installed on your site, you can ask question in their providers.

timtecsa Friend

Hi Salvo,

You did set up an RSS module in footer 4, I assume? Module Manager > New > Syndication Feeds

salvomic Friend

<em>@Saguaros 487658 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Salvo,

For cache of feed extension installed on your site, you can ask question in their providers.</blockquote>

hi, try http://www.ondaiblea.it. I’m doing some tries, with setup of Feedly, IFFT, that I use to publish feeds onto Facebook, Twitter…: now perhaps the feed is set, but it doesn’t appear always in the socials…

<em>@timtecsa 487812 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Salvo,

You did set up an RSS module in footer 4, I assume? Module Manager > New > Syndication Feeds</blockquote>

I use mostly obRSS, instead, it works better than the Joomla standard module.
    I used also NinjaRSS, but now with Joomla 3.x there is only an unofficial module, and I think it doesn’t run well, or doesn’t run at all…

Shortly, I’m doing so:
    – using ATOM instead of RSS; it need a subtitle and date in a particular form: (SQL date) ISO 8601 and not RFC 2822
    – Global configuration -> SEO settings: remove “Alias unicode”, that make the feed (RSS or ATOM) invalid if there are non standard characters (?, ?, “, …) in the title.
    I don’t know why there is this strange behavior, and I had to put “all” for languages. Setting “Italian” I got a void feed…

With Ninja I get this strange error: “Error creating feed file, please check write permissions.
    But what permission is needed? for what folder?

Salvo

salvomic Friend

<em>@Saguaros 487658 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Salvo,

For cache of feed extension installed on your site, you can ask question in their providers.</blockquote>

hi, try http://www.ondaiblea.it. I’m doing some tries, with setup of Feedly, IFFT, that I use to publish feeds onto Facebook, Twitter…: now perhaps the feed is set, but it doesn’t appear always in the socials…

<em>@timtecsa 487812 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Salvo,

You did set up an RSS module in footer 4, I assume? Module Manager > New > Syndication Feeds</blockquote>

I use mostly obRSS, instead, it works better than the Joomla standard module.
    I used also NinjaRSS, but now with Joomla 3.x there is only an unofficial module, and I think it doesn’t run well, or doesn’t run at all…

Shortly, I’m doing so:
    – using ATOM instead of RSS; it need a subtitle and date in a particular form: (SQL date) ISO 8601 and not RFC 2822
    – Global configuration -> SEO settings: remove “Alias unicode”, that make the feed (RSS or ATOM) invalid if there are non standard characters (?, ?, “, …) in the title.
    I don’t know why there is this strange behavior, and I had to put “all” for languages. Setting “Italian” I got a void feed…

With Ninja I get this strange error: “Error creating feed file, please check write permissions.
    But what permission is needed? for what folder?

Salvo

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Salvo,

Has it worked before? as I can see that in the homepage of your site, most content are from modules, the default Joomla feed doesn’t get feeds from modules, I’ve not used these RSS extension and not sure they can get or not.

For the permission, you can use Admin Tools to fix the permission or contact provider of Ninja RSS, they will advice how to fix it.

salvomic Friend

hi Saguaros,
    obRSS worked well till July, not it has some issues; Ninja worked till last year, no more with the new version of Joomla…
    I wrote to the Ninja service, but for now I’ve not received reply.
    I put the modules time ago, with Joomla 1.5, as I hated to have more RSS, one for category, and not a comprehensive one, so obRSS (or Ninja) was a solution.
    Maybe now the standard RSS from Joomla should go better, I should try it…

Salvo

salvomic Friend

hi Saguaros,
    obRSS worked well till July, not it has some issues; Ninja worked till last year, no more with the new version of Joomla…
    I wrote to the Ninja service, but for now I’ve not received reply.
    I put the modules time ago, with Joomla 1.5, as I hated to have more RSS, one for category, and not a comprehensive one, so obRSS (or Ninja) was a solution.
    Maybe now the standard RSS from Joomla should go better, I should try it…

Salvo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  salvomic 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum