Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I would like to know two things:
    1. Will Job Board ever finally upgraded? There have been plenty promises etc since last year but nothing really happend.
    The most common answer: “You don’t need to upgrade your Joomla to 1.6 1.8, 2.X” is a bad answer.

2. Will we ever see it bug free? As some of you know, I have been one of the early buyers of this product (with it’s original pricing!) and haven’t been able to iron out all bugs to get a great feeling for releasing it. Every new update had new bugs.

Now, I don’t want to moan around but how long is it now since it’s initial release? 2, 3 years?
    I mean, honestly, is it so difficult to release a stable version of it without all the glitches and workarounds?

I hope this product will see the light at some day fitting a regular and actual Joomla installation…

pdfx Friend

I agree totally, I have not managed to be completely happy with glitches as yet, although not dedicated all of my time to it,
    They mentioned to me a new Version coming out by the end of march, so I have stopped all work in its tracks to get it working in 1.5

Not good to release components on the market to let buyers be the testers surely? at a high price too for components.
    If you wanted testers im sure there would be people willing to help

Come on JA 😉

robgib0 Friend

same here…………really frustrating

Phill Moderator

A huge amount of work has gone into JobBoard but for various reasons the J2.5 release has been delayed. JA hope to make an announcement soon.

pdfx Friend

I know that a lot of work goes into these things and I fully appreciate that.

How do I obtain a refund on my purchase? If I like the look of the new version when it comes out and has been fully tested and is stable i will re invest. Right now the money can go on much needed other components before my subscription runs out

Can someone help

Paul

TomC Moderator

Paul:

I have submitted a Refund Request for you to our Sales/Membership Team for review.
    You should receive further communication from them within the next 24 Hrs.

itsnexgen Friend

I join here as well.. waiting waiting waiting! Its been marketed as professional job board solution. It should be ideal if products are ready for upgrade with any changes in Core Joomla.. JA has failed here on any timeline.. I would suggest you deprecate this product as its not good for a company getting -ve views from most of customers here. A great potential software, sorry state at the moment without any updates!

TomC Moderator

<em>@itsnexgen 309196 wrote:</em><blockquote>I join here as well.. waiting waiting waiting! Its been marketed as professional job board solution. It should be ideal if products are ready for upgrade with any changes in Core Joomla.. JA has failed here on any timeline.. I would suggest you deprecate this product as its not good for a company getting -ve views from most of customers here. A great potential software, sorry state at the moment without any updates!</blockquote>
    The JA JobBoard component is quite an involved application – one which took quite a bit of time to create/develop, and one which is taking a good deal of time to update/test so as to be able to release the updated version with as few (if any) bugs and/or issues as possible. I sometimes wonder if those who demand immediate updates and such truly appreciate the elements and work that is afforded such an involved application.

As for your comment about JA JobBoard being in “a sorry state at the moment without any updates” . . . the fact of the matter is that there is nothing preventing anyone who wants to utilize our JA JobBoard component from doing so with a J1.5.x based site – which will, for all intents and purposes, be every bit as functional and dynamic as would a “shiny new toy” J2.5 based site.

As has been stated previously, the JA Developers are actively working on the JA JobBoard update – which involves a great deal of attention to detail and testing. Would you rather we release an under-tested product that will present you with various bugs and/or functionality problems just so we can “get it out there ??” Personally, I would much rather employ a considerate/reasonable amount of patience in allowing the JA Developers to provide a quality and thoroughly developed/updated product release rather than the relatively recent release of J2.5 to dictate the quality of their efforts.

Appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

let me clear the status and plan for JobBoard Component.

Status and plan :

– JobBoard v 1.5.4 for Joomla 1.5 is in its final stages of testing and we will have the release by this month end. Bug tracker status – http://goo.gl/tmUCI
    – Work on JobBoard for 2.5 will resume thereon and one can expect beta / dev release by April 15 and stable release will follow it soon.

I have commitment from the Test and Dev team for the above release plans.

<em>@Nick R 308252 wrote:</em><blockquote>

1. Will Job Board ever finally upgraded? There have been plenty promises etc since last year but nothing really happend.
    The most common answer: “You don’t need to upgrade your Joomla to 1.6 1.8, 2.X” is a bad answer.</blockquote>

Yes, it will be upgraded and the expected timeframe is mentioned above.

Since, it is not possible to support multiple versions of JobBoard, the extension currently supports only Joomla 1.5 and once we have Joomla 2.5 version, we would cease to support 1.5 version and but provide active help to users to move to Joomla 2.5.

2. Will we ever see it bug free? As some of you know, I have been one of the early buyers of this product (with it’s original pricing!) and haven’t been able to iron out all bugs to get a great feeling for releasing it. Every new update had new bugs.</blockquote>

I do hope that this upcoming version will be taking care of the reported bugs and once we have the 2.5 version we would not be adding any improvement or new feature for quite some time and only focus on bug fixing reported by users.

Now, I don’t want to moan around but how long is it now since it’s initial release? 2, 3 years?
    I mean, honestly, is it so difficult to release a stable version of it without all the glitches and workarounds?</blockquote>
    We are trying Nick and you know that too. We even compensated you for your expertise last year and i have no problem in compensating any member for helping with testing or development.

<em>@pdfx 308317 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree totally, I have not managed to be completely happy with glitches as yet, although not dedicated all of my time to it,
    They mentioned to me a new Version coming out by the end of march, so I have stopped all work in its tracks to get it working in 1.5

Not good to release components on the market to let buyers be the testers surely? at a high price too for components.
    If you wanted testers im sure there would be people willing to help

Come on JA ;-)</blockquote>

You are more than welcome to help with testing, you can add me to skype >> joomspot << and i can provide svn access to checkout the dev versions.

<em>@pdfx 309134 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know that a lot of work goes into these things and I fully appreciate that.

How do I obtain a refund on my purchase? If I like the look of the new version when it comes out and has been fully tested and is stable i will re invest. Right now the money can go on much needed other components before my subscription runs out

Can someone help

Paul</blockquote>

Our refund policy is for 7 days and for JobBoard i have on request extended to max 15 days as 7 days seems to be short period of trial for such a big component. Your purchase is of 30th september 2011. I am sorry but it doesnot fit the refund policy period. However, looking towards the delays from our side i can extend membership for all JobBoard users by 2 months to compensate for the delays.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

JobBoard 1.5.4 for Joomla 1.5 has been released yesterday. The changelog is here >> http://pm.joomlart.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10071&version=14121

We will now resume work on JobBoard for 2.5 and hope to release it in coming weeks.

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

JobBoard for Joomla 2.5 is almost done and it is planned to release a alpha version by next week. It would take around 7-10 days for test team to complete round 1 of testing and we can release a beta then.

Any help in testing out alpha / beta would be great.

hope to release stable version by month end.

Thanks for the patience guys.

Regards

Arvind

robgib0 Friend

im up for testing………………………….will there be a comprehensive changelog so we know whats changed ?
    and also a quickstart core package?

zorigo Friend

Any update on this? I’ve tried installing/configuring the most recent release in 1.5 and it’s been a nightmare. I’m just going to wait until the 2.5 release is ready.

Darragh O’Sullivan Friend

Hello there,

I would be happy to test with a beta version as well – I have a site not yet “live” so it isn’t the end of the world if it doesn’t work… I would really like to be an early adopter of JB 2.5 and am happy to pay upfront as long as I can then have a trial period once the “proper” version is released?

Looking forward to it!
    Darragh

javca Friend

LOL i also delayed my production of website because of bugs it’s almost impossible to work :D. So i downloaded 1.5.4 with big hope that some bugs are resolved. But in my case just i’m just dissapointed. Nothing else.. I started with WAMP ok everything gotta work. And first think i noticed that Location ordering in backend doesn’t work. Ok so i will ask you politely. what the hell is wrong with you people? Selling component which doesn’t work at all? O.o. What’s the point in this?. I didn’t pay to be beta tester???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum