Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Could a noble soul please help me out?
    As in the image with numbers, please ….(Please see the attached image)

1. I want complete white background. How can I change the menu color? Looks like it is using some image, but could not find it. Drop down menu color also has to be changed. I am fine if a grey color is given instead.

2. Menu links – can it be changed to default bright blue color as in standard webpage color?

3. There is a space between menu/logo and main content. how can I reduce that?

4. Can that line color be changed to black?

5. I can change body-bot.jpg. but where is the middle portion coming from other than body-top.jpg? It has to become white too.

6. how can I remove the choices of other templates? I would like only white template/background and no other choice. Can I turn it off somehow?

I am planning to work on improvig the layout, but for the time being I am quite hard pressed for time to get this basic webpage up.

PLEASE please help!

drb

1. Image1
    Sherlock Friend

Hi drb07 !
    What joomla version do you use ? I need know version , It’s easy for support !

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

The latest stable version 1.5.0

After tinkering with the images and website for 5 hrs last night, I was able to solve most of the issues as mentioned in the above first post. I think I now understand better, hope it is the right way to learn.

Still there are few other issues remaining.
    Please see the image.
    1. Can I show a user menu or some banner kind of thing there? (under login form which shows up in ‘home’).
    2. I am still not clear how to edit this menu and make it simple white background.
    3. This is user menu1 as shown in demo screenshot, but in my joomla administrator panel, I literally turned off everything , still this shows up. I don’t know where this one is hiding.
    4. I guess I have to edit the menu links color in css. Right?
    5. I would like to reduce the space little bit. Please…
    6. One more – “6” in the first image (first post) – I don’t know how to turn it off and keep only one default background /template. Like how to keep one the blue template as default and turn off others.

thanks for the help.

drb

1. Image1
    Sherlock Friend

Hi drb07 !
    about 1st question :
    – You login to administrator go to extensions>> module manager -> select user menu >> set position for it to “left:” and enable it . It will display on left-side.
    – If you want display banner , You use banner module , configation is similar above .
    – Banner , you can manager in banner component ( components >> banner)

Sherlock Friend

about 2nd question :
    to change background for menu. You open template_css.css file in templates/ja_koniga/css folder . Find 2 code section :
    at about line 841 :

#ja-mainnavwrap {
    background:transparent url(../images/mainnav-bg.gif) no-repeat scroll left top;
    float:right;
    height:35px;
    margin-top:20px;
    padding:0pt;
    width:562px;
    }

and at about line 850 :

#ja-mainnav {template_css.css (line 850)
    background:transparent url(../images/mainnav-right-bg.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;
    padding:0pt 5px;
    }

if you want change background to white , you must edit mainnav-bg.gif file and mainnav-right-bg.gif file . I can find them in templates/ja_koniga/images folder.

Sherlock Friend

About 3nd question :
    This is user3 module . You must disable it on administrator . go to module manager >> select module with position is “user3” then disable it .

about question 4 :
    Open template_css.css file in templates/ja_koniga/css folder . find those code :

#ja-col1 a
    color:#A2D39C;
    }

You can change value for color code.

About question 5 :
    open template_css.css file then find code section :

h1.logo {
    display:block;
    float:left;
    font-size:300%;
    height:205px;
    margin:0pt;
    padding:0pt;
    width:107px;
    }

you can change “height” value for change height of header.

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

Hello Hainin,
    Thanks a million, no….zillion.

I would appreciate if you could check your PM.

thank you,

drb

Sherlock Friend

OK please check PM !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum