Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just installed the quickstart and I get this error which is preventing me from adding/updating menu, open modules.. What I can do to move foward??

500 – An error has occurred.
    Layout g not found
    Return to Control Panel

thanks,

Jimmy@compcard.com

1. Screenshot_1
    John Wesley Brett Moderator

I’m sorry, but we cannot replicate your issue.
    http://screencast.com/t/IAP8x7RZ3

Provide further information if the issue has not been resolved.
    Thanks!
    John.

compcard Friend

login for your self at –
    and attempt to modify/add/delete any menu item or any module and you will see the error.

I’ve re-installed the ja jens quickstart template five times and still the same problem persists.

swissa Friend

<em>@compcard 331719 wrote:</em><blockquote>login for your self at –
    and attempt to modify/add/delete any menu item or any module and you will see the error.

I’ve re-installed the ja jens quickstart template five times and still the same problem persists.</blockquote>

Best NOT to post login details on a public forum – you’ll be hacked quicker than you say ‘hacked’. Delete them and send them to John via Private Message.
    🙂

Found it. – you have a permission problem with your configuration.php file.
    http://screencast.com/t/xL1jfRcUo
    This MUST be WRITEABLE. And when it is not, you will get the errors you are getting every time!
    You can always check the status by going to SITE > SYSTEM INFORMATION > DIRECTORY PERMISSIONS

Have fun!

compcard Friend

thanks for you assistance.. the permission has been updated and the 500-error persists. see attached screen shot.

thanks

1. Screenshot_2

I got into your administrative area using the login you provided and could not replicate ANY issue.
    I was able to add and remove menu items – and also was able to open and save modules.
    I was working to create a video showing you my steps, but during the process I see you have changed or removed the login…so unable to continue. But it does, indeed, appear to be working correctly.

Perhaps you needed to clear your cache after making the permission change.

Good luck with your work.
    John.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum